[0.8.2] Resource selling exploit

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by Galrex, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

"The resource chunk can be picked up repeatedly as it drops through the base of delivery cannon whilst it got taken into the cannon. Money is collected but the chunk is still here. More money can be received without any loss of resources whilst repeating the process."

The silo in the video is extra needed for demo purpose.

Methodology
    For the setup:

1.The delivery cannon must be placed on a rotating anchor and able to actually "rotate".

2. Cannot work if attached to a fixed anchor or just the delivery cannon anchored on itself.

3. The distance between the silo and the base of the delivery cannon is at least two 1x1x1 block apart as shown in the video.

4. Happens 100% all the time with Hawkeye's anchored delivery cannon. The Geocorp's is also affected with similar setup.

EDITED: 5. Set the speed to slow or normal mode.

My setup is attached below for reference.

Attached Files:

#1 Galrex, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

But if you are not fast enough, the resource chunk will disappear instantly. The picking part is tricky and takes a bit of practice to pick it up.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Will it happen with the GSO delivery canon? The only time I can think that this would have a worthwhile impact on game play would be very early on in campaign, before Auto-miners, pretty much.

Otherwise, this is an interesting note on the dysfunctionality of Deli Canon animation glitchiness. (E.g. also, if you unanchor a selling tech with a resource still inside the GSO canon, it will fall out of the side, but still sell and vanish.)

Nice report.:)

#3 ZeroGravitas, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Lord Zarnox and Galrex like this.
  4. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

I just tried this and also attached a pacemaker and set to slow mode. The time before it vanish is delayed a bit so I have little more time to grab the resource :p but still considered sold.

#4 Galrex, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    ZeroGravitas and Lord Zarnox like this.
  5. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

just make a macro