0.8.2 Now Available on Steam

layer1

Increased the damage of:

Hawkeye Auto Cannon
I love you so much.

Moved all Special Holiday Blocks out of GSO Grade 2 & 3 and into GSO Grade 3, 4 & 5 to stop them from clogging up the early Reward Crates.
Will consider marriage. :D

Nice work on increasing damage on the (formerly under powered) Venture guns.

Deutsche Würfel

I look good in this dress.
Soon as we have time to upload it :) We're working away at 1.0 stuff at the moment - but it's on the to-do list.
Have you nailed down what 1.0 is going to look like yet?
And can you tell us what is going to be in it, clearly?

hay what about abandoning the whole battle royal fortnite thing and making actual multiplayer you know co-op that thing we used to have before battle royal

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Have you nailed down what 1.0 is going to look like yet?
And can you tell us what is going to be in it, clearly?
A lot like what the game looks like now - but with a bunch of optimisation & bug fixing thrown in. The update we put out a few days ago is close to what 1.0 will look like.

Deutsche Würfel

A lot like what the game looks like now - but with a bunch of optimisation & bug fixing thrown in. The update we put out a few days ago is close to what 1.0 will look like.
Really? That's terrible. With no map, no AI, no story, no finish, no mod support, it seems a lot like you are just picking an update, and declaring '1.0. Game finished.' If major parts of the game are uncomplete or flat missing, i'd say it's not complete, no matter what number you put on it. And i'm disabppointed.

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
Really? That's terrible. With no map, no AI, no story, no finish, no mod support, it seems a lot like you are just picking an update, and declaring '1.0. Game finished.' If major parts of the game are uncomplete or flat missing, i'd say it's not complete, no matter what number you put on it. And i'm disabppointed.
But the 1.0 will not be the final version, we'll have update after that (i am right ?)
but i must admit i agree with you for the most part.

Deutsche Würfel

The Devs have said that they fully intend to keep updating it past 1.0. But so do most devs, and most run out of money, and either crash, or are forced to go off an make new games. And if a game is 'officially' finished, which is what 1.0 is [because if it wasn't, why is it 1.0 instead of 0.8.9?] that makes it less likely.
Basically, the only point to putting 1.0 and keeping working instead of calling it 0.8.9 and keeping working, is marketing.
also, when you are looking for a new job, you can say 'yes we finished the game.' But i'd say a game that is missing half its feature, is not finished, regardless of what number you put on it.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
I'd argue that I enjoy the game, considering its state back in 0.5 when I joined. Of course, there are issues such as the harvesting and guarding AI that isn't anchored, but I'm sure it'll be sorted out and more content will be added to the game. Currently, I'm struggling with bases not recognizing their own parts, such as fabrication loops not noticing that there are component factories, and refineries and component factories ignoring resources that are on the conveyor in front of them. Either I'm living in denial, or I'm fairly certain TT will be stable till 1.0. 1.0 is also rather arbitrary - it just means that this is where they plant a flag and say "Full release starts here". The game is far from finished, and I know the lovely people at Payload still have a roadmap past 1.0. I hate to edge myself slightly into politics, but I think that saying 1.0 is end is like saying the day Christ was born (0 AD) is the day the world ends. Two arbitrary numbers representing two even more arbitrary spans of time. (In the case of TT, it's the very first build of the game, meaning the timeline at that end has a definitive stop point.) Personally, I prefer the Human Era calendar.