[0.8.2] Leaning anchors glitch

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Embed of linked image:

So the anchor has become tipped over. I have seen this happen in other people's videos, too, after returning to areas with rotating anchored techs.

To be clear, was the rotating anchor totally stable to begin with? There's another bug that looks like this - if you reorient the primary cab during building the tech, so it point up or down, relative to the initial build oriention, then the anchor with try to rotate in the wrong plane, and flop over like this straight away.

I've added "{leaning}" and "[0.8.2]" to this thread's title. I'm assuming you hadn't switched to the "Unstable" branch?

Comrade Commie

While *you* were in build beam, in another tech (which hit the turret)?

I decided to totally rewrite the thread title, for clarity. Previously "[0.8.2] the rotating ancors glitch {leaning}".
when i was in a tech and i went in build mode an rammed into a pillar it made the glitch happen more often

Galvinon

I have noticed lately in my campaign (PC version) that the odd anchored turret will be at an angle when it comes to view and its not cosmetic either the angle will react with the environment, if I re-anchor my tech it fixes this. This bug seems to affect other anchored techs with rotating anchors as well GSO or GEO Corp not just this snapshot but it is random when this anchor bug happens. I made a short video showing the bug

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks guys (or rather, Gal's...:rolleyes:). I've merged @Galvinon's new thread, titled "Strange Anchor Bug" with this older thread.

This also seems similar to the behaviour seen when removing one of 2 rotating anchors from a tech: report. You don't happen to have any other rotating anchor blocks anywhere in that tech, do you? (Like anchored AI block, etc.) Just a thought...

Galvinon

In that video example I would need to check on that tech if I have an anchored AI module, however I have also seen this behavior on another one of my turret techs that I know only has GEOcorp cabs and GEOcorp rotating anchors. this bug seems isolated to rotating anchors from what I can tell so far

Last edited: