[0.8.2.3] Unable to set display to 21:9 resolution

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by Zed, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

In Previous versions it was possible to set fullscreen modes up to the default resolution of my current display which is 2560x1080; presently in version 0.8.2.3 I am unable to set resolution higher than 1920x1080 (16:9)

2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

#2 ZeroGravitas, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Lord Zarnox and Zed like this.
  3. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya, unfortunately we've had to exclude any unsupported resolutions for our 1.0 release, anything that's not 16:9 or 4:3 is liable to break UI, causing issues and we don't want any game play to be hindered by any bugs you find at these resolutions.

That being said, once we have more time and resources available we're definitely looking at adding ultra wide resolutions back into the game officially.

This was accidentally left off the patch notes, we've added it there now, sorry for the inconvenience!

Lord Zarnox and ZeroGravitas like this.
  4. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

5. Electrofried

Electrofried New Member

I really hope this game gets ultrawide support. I have been playing since the early days and I love how far this game has come. About the only criticism I can give is the lack of ultrawide support on release. Glad to hear this is something that will get worked on. Lot's of games ignore the ultrawide format because the market is 'too small', but for the vast majority in that small user base a game that explicitly states it supports the resolution gets put much higher on the 'too buy' list and featured in ultrawide community groups.

AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.
  6. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Supposedly someone on Steam Discussions determined a method inherent to unity to force resolutions via cmdline parameters to specify specific resolutions.

While I have not attempted this method it seemed worthy of mention should the current bug mentioned here is resolved that involves the current issue where the native desktop resolution is inherited when launching Terratech irrespective of the resolution selected during the initial unity start up screen upon launching TerraTech.