[0.8.2.2] Instantaneous gun turning glitch (when enemy destroyed)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
It seems that the rotation value of turreted guns/canons will glitch when the enemy there are pointed at is destroyed, being instantly re-pointed at another tech, if one is within targeting range.

I used the Venture Rapid Canons, here - they are easy to observe. But I think this happens with all guns. Not all of the guns glitched, either.

R&D save attached.

I'm pretty certain I've seen this reported before, so it might be logged already. I couldn't search it up for the life of me, so I'd be grateful if anyone knows where... But I don't think the cause of the turning glitch was noted (maybe).

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Here's a demonstration (can't see the glitch directly) of the bug causing a multi-tech turret to become unseated, at 14:46 in Lathrix's workshop showcase video:

This always happens with all of these type of turret buid (including using Megatons, Avalanche Launchers, etc). The Chinese TT community, in particular, are found of these designs, so it would really please a lot of enthusiast builders if this one little bug were prioritised, @kae.;)

Edit 2019-06-06: this bug previously reported here: https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/0-8-0-rotating-weapons-instantly-rotate-180.16193/

Last edited:

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
I'm not really sure how useful this information could be, or if it's just an oddity in a bug specific to a particular block, but I noticed today that the snap of a Better Future Gatling Laser after it has lost a target is really interesting. It snaps to an angle mirroring/the inverse of the angle it had been prior to the loss of a target, similar to the relationship between entry angle and exit angle of light reflecting on a planar surface.

(In this video I'm setting the other tech as an enemy and back again to simulate enemy appearance and disappearance/death.)

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Sure it can be added to the existing report! I'll do more testing to see if this, or other behaviour applies to other weapons too ;)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Sure it can be added to the existing report!
OK. I've merged Astra's new thread titled "(Related to weapon snapping when no target) Interesting behaviour with the Better Future Gatling Laser." from open to this existing bug report.:)

I think it must relate to essentially the same issue.

@Matt - I've not been able to re download the original test save I attached, above (to check if that still happens exactly the same). I can probably dig up the save from my hard drive, but wondering why the forum would be giving an "Secure Connection Failed" browser error....?

... And also just got another "Please enter a valid message." error when editing this post to say this... :confused: (Which has happened here and there with other posts, but editing them about a bit fixes it somehow.)

Last edited: