[0.8.2.2]Crash Log

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by Lost Ninja, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

No idea if this should be in Unstable, or in the main thread in Stable.

Had 3 or 4 crashes tonight, which is for me unusual. I'm playing a standard Campaign no SGE or any shenanigans like that just clean play... Well some of my turrets look a little phallic... ;)

Only have the most recent log, none of the crash dumps were from tonight. :/

Is there a way to force the game to generate dumps for all crashes?

Save was started in this most recent unstable 0822.

And yes I know my GPU is massively old, but I've been using it for near enough 2 weeks since my newer one died and this is the first time during that time I've had repeated crashes.

Attached Files:

2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Hmm, so potentially related to recent game optimisation (make more use of GPU) and/or Unity engine updates...?

You might also try fully reinstalling the game from scratch (previously, some of us have seemed to see an accumulation of install instability over the course of many patch updates).

Probably neither of these things relevant... :oops:

3. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya Lost Ninja, when the game crash did the crash reporter appear?
    We should be able to grab those reports and read them if you sent them through

I'll have a look at the save file and you've provided and see if I can see anything.

Cheers!

4. Lost Ninja

I gave up on that save it was crashing pretty much every time I fired any megatons or missiles. Since then in the new save no crashes. :/

@kae So if you hit the crash report button you get the crash dump generated? I normally submit but don't think I did (because it had been doing it a lot).

5. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Yup!
    If you write a quick description of the crash and send it, it will also send us the dump with the info we need to investigate.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  6. Lost Ninja

9/10 times when I get a crash I'm not actually doing anything much... bit difficult to describe the issue as: "Riding along in my automobile"... :/

And the rest of the time it's because I was doing something silly like trying to build a floating base on a bugged anchor (the anchor was placed during a glitch when the glitch went away the anchor was in the sky... :D

kae likes this.