[0.8.2.2]Audio Snaps

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by Lost Ninja, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

Only been noticing these very recently and I haven't found out a cause. It seems to be that when the game's audio file for the GSO fans end there is a pop of static. But it's not always, most common on an anchored AI tech with fans (so it's twisting back and forth and I think when it changes rotation direction it happens then). I only noticed it today because I had my game volume quite high and was wearing headphones. It's not totally audible over speakers (and can be mistaken for other in game sounds).

Been trying to catch it with OBS since I realised it was an unintended sound just been watching the playback and was beginning to think I was going mad but have found some in a clip which I will upload later today (it's 4am and I need sleep), if there is any need for such a video (I cannot easily edit it so it's just a random clip with hopefully a time stamp of the correct time).

AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.
  2. Lost Ninja

Not tested with either of the other fans because I'm playing Campaign (as normal) and haven't quite got to the point of making the Venture fans, or unlocked the HE. When I do I'll see if they have the same behaviour. Techs/AI/Turrets etc without fans but with wheels don't produce the noise, nor does it appear to come from anything else just GSO fans (so far).

3. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya, I don't seem to be getting this with the GSO turbine fans, is it possible to get that audio clip/video uploaded so I can give it a listen please?

Cheers!

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  4. Lost Ninja

No idea how to do timestamps in YouTube but it's around the 2 minute mark. It might however be a PC issue as it hasn't been doing it for me either since this report. :/

A clear one at 2:16-2:17

5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Ah, that's the little pop I spotted before reading your exact time code. It's coming from the left audio channel, mostly. Don't know if that indicates the direction of the source from your viewpoint at the time...

It happens to be almost exactly 6 seconds before that enemy lands, which is the exact time at which the spawn event would have occurred and been calculated. Probably co-incidence, but if not, maybe related to processing inerruption/threading issue. (Pure speculation.)