[0.8.1] Steam (app already running)

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by MedievalNinja6, May 26, 2018.

1. MedievalNinja6

MedievalNinja6 New Member

I fixed the problem. It was a computer-side error. I don't know how to delete my post though.

Attached Files:

#1 MedievalNinja6, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

3. MedievalNinja6

MedievalNinja6 New Member

First I exited steam (meaning right click and select "exit steam" on the taskbar or ending the background processes too, not just exiting the window). Then I deleted my "appcache" folder in my Steam files, then I restarted my computer. I know appcache can cause problems if apps don't function correctly with steam or if steam doesn't clear it out properly due to a crash or otherwise, and deleting it will cause apps on steam to "restart" like clearing out ram on your computer. It hasn't happened since and I don't know what caused it the first time, but I hope this helps

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

Oh cool. Thanks for replying quickly.:) So it could well have been a game bug that the devs need to figure out, then...?

I'll pass this solution on to the person reporting this on Steam.

5. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

this whole thing is an issue with all of steam, not terratech. Put a complaint on their website (i won't because i have the attention span of a small paleocene rodent)

6. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

Basically when I shut the game down the game continues to show as running in steam. I cannot relaunch the game without exiting and relaunching steam as well.

Not 100% sure this wasn't the case in 1.0 but if it was I didn't notice.

There is no sign of TerraTechWin64.exe in my running processes.

Attached Files:

7. ZeroGravitas

Heard of this issue before, a good while back. Can't remember beyond that.

8. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

I also have a memory of a similar discription of a similar poblem back in the early days of terratech on steam, BUT I do not remember what happened to 'fix' the issue

9. ZeroGravitas

OK, I searched up the relevant threads (last one not so long ago) and merged @Lost Ninja's new thread, titled "[1.0.0.1]TT - Not Closing Correctly" with this one. Let me know if it's helpful (or different).

This steam issue has also been reported here in 0.7.9.1 and back in 2015, here, which was dug up at the start of this year (and I'm not sure if that was resolved...).

10. Django

Django PAYLOAD STUDIOS

There's a steam support page on this issue: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9764-ijvm-3291
    I'd suggest following the steps reported, along with force quitting steam through Task Manager if none of the other steps help.

We've not currently aware of this being an issue tied specifically to our game, though if there's a reproducible circumstance we can look into whether this is an issue on our or Steam's side of things.

AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.
  11. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

I'd already seen that when I searched about the topic when it first happened. Not especially useful as there isn't a TT process running, and you cannot check the game files while Steam thinks the game is still running. In my case it seems that @MedievalNinja6's post above solved it for me.

ZeroGravitas likes this.