[0.8.1] Giant mobile factory disappeared

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by Hydraesque, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Hydraesque

Hydraesque Well-Known Member

I parked my giant mobile factory that has 4 cruise missiles and uncountable amounts of cluster missiles on top of an autominer while I made a small racer to do a venture mission. When I turned around, my bot was completely gone. No traces of blocks, no enemies, and I didn't even get the warning that my anchored blocks were under attack even though the enemy would've attacked the autominer after my bot died. So I doubt it was killed, and it was stuck on top of the autominer so it couldn't have gone anywhere, especially since it moves at like 10mph.

I would assume it phased into the ground from glitching into the autominer. I know this probably isn't a common bug or on high priority, but I feel like people could exploit going into the ground and using flying techs to cheese enemies

2. Deutsche Würfel

Deutsche Würfel I look good in this dress.

does it still show on radar?

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Hi @Hydraesque. Usually if a tech does fall through the floor it will be teleported back to the surface after a number of seconds.

I wonder if it was perhaps teleported, maybe... Have you seen any tech duplication or teleportation in this playthrough?

It would be helpful if you could upload your save game here (before and/or after the vanishing act happened). Your output_log.txt file too, if you haven't restarted the game since it happened.

Bit of an odd play to park a tech, atop an Auto-miner... Was the vanished tech not anchored then? And non-anchorable? It had a player cab and an AI cab?

Check your radar, as suggested, and have a look around within 1km of the site, too. Let us know.:)

Hydraesque likes this.
  4. Hydraesque

as a matter of fact, I have seen duplication before, but it fixed itself after I restarted the game

I...dont know where my save files are located... Im on linux and I can't really find an clear answer on google

ok dont judge me. My factory constantly gets its underneath caught on hills or rocks so I need the wheels to be really far down. That means I cant easily anchor my tech because the wheel height wont allow it. I wanted to park it next to the autominer to deliver the resources while I do whatever but I also dont want it to be a sitting duck, so I decided to put it on guard/follow and park it on top so the wheels dont touch the ground. (yes, it had an AI and player cab)

I checked my radar and I found nothing but a blue dot somewhat further from the autominer. I went to it and there was nothing there. Another weird thing is that the same thing happened before too, but it was a red dot, and it turned out to be an enemy tech flying upwards at extreme speeds (but it wouldnt move until I got close to it) but this time its a blue dot and theres nothing above it

5. ZeroGravitas

Save files were recently moved. The 0.8.1 patch notes say (for Linux):
    I don't know if that's helpful. I've no idea where log files are kept there, now, the devs haven't updated us on that (as far as I know).

Ah, right. So, as far as I know (unless there's been an undocumented change) that means your save is bound to become untenable at some point, due to knock-on effects of tech duplication (e.g. tech intersection crashes - unless they were quietly remedied). Expect to have to start over (save you tech snapshots, etc).:(

Interesting.:) I don't know what this means. I think anchored techs have been trapped underground, previously, by terrain generation changes. But I think this'll be more likely a misplaced marker...? I don't know.

Hydraesque likes this.
  6. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

Maybe look up and not down? Unlikely, but it's weird to begin with. Also, try going into build mode near the blue dot, maybe you can see something underground

7. Hydraesque

yep, tried all that. Couldnt seem to find anything

8. Deutsche Würfel

Deutsche Würfel I look good in this dress.

probably fell through the world then.

9. ZeroGravitas

No?

Edit 2018-06-12: I added "[0.8.1]" to the thread title.

#9 ZeroGravitas, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Hydraesque likes this.
  10. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hi there, can you upload a save for us to look at please?

11. Hydraesque

...damnit

I didnt save and I already went back to my previous save and didnt park it on an autominer. I have the last save before it disappeared though, but it's way way way before it happened. Ill attach the save where it happened but an alternate timeline

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.