[0.8.1.3] GSO Fabricators hop when overlays are opened or closed

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by ZeroGravitas, Jun 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

First of all: wut? This new GPU based physics, or optimisation, or whatever is pretty weird...

Note that it's triggered by *any* overlay, not just the in-game ones. Shown: Steam and my keyboard's "Scroll Lock" notifier (key I use to start/stop recordings).

I couldn't find any similar blocks that did this too. And these only did it in this orientation.

Save and (oversized) ouputlog attached.

Attached Files:

Aardvark123 likes this.
  2. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

New fabricator formula, now with 21% more bunny power! :D

3. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

They're aliveeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks for reporting ZG, I'll hand it over to the code guys to have a laugh at :)

ZeroGravitas and Zed like this.
  4. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Most amusing that it is intermittent and only seems to impact two of the four GSO fabricators in the foreground of the video.

5. ZeroGravitas

It's totally consistent (except for with the [Esc] menu screen being about 50%). And the GSO Fabs affected are those leant sideways, only half on their anchor nubs. But not any of the other crafting blocks I tried to do the same with.

6. ZeroGravitas

Little note on this: the Fabricators need to have been anchored for them to hop. It looks like there's a 3rd state they can be in, with a retracted but still hard anchor nub...

[Edit 2018-06-30: Or not... any Fab could do this when I just re-rechecked. Also the resource needed overlays cause hops too.]

Also, just clicking (or even hovering) around the block select menu will occasionally cause a hop. I'm wondering if these align with the occasional instances where you can still manage to click through the interface to place a block accidentally behind it.

Bonus note: you can right click on Fabricators through the block select UI (the order of precedence for them is too high, or whatever).

#6 ZeroGravitas, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018