[0.8.1.3] GSO Fabricators hop when overlays are opened or closed

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
First of all: wut? This new GPU based physics, or optimisation, or whatever is pretty weird...

Note that it's triggered by *any* overlay, not just the in-game ones. Shown: Steam and my keyboard's "Scroll Lock" notifier (key I use to start/stop recordings).

I couldn't find any similar blocks that did this too. And these only did it in this orientation.

Save and (oversized) ouputlog attached.

Attachments

Zed

Most amusing that it is intermittent and only seems to impact two of the four GSO fabricators in the foreground of the video.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
It's totally consistent (except for with the [Esc] menu screen being about 50%). And the GSO Fabs affected are those leant sideways, only half on their anchor nubs. But not any of the other crafting blocks I tried to do the same with.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Little note on this: the Fabricators need to have been anchored for them to hop. It looks like there's a 3rd state they can be in, with a retracted but still hard anchor nub...

[Edit 2018-06-30: Or not... any Fab could do this when I just re-rechecked. Also the resource needed overlays cause hops too.]

Also, just clicking (or even hovering) around the block select menu will occasionally cause a hop. I'm wondering if these align with the occasional instances where you can still manage to click through the interface to place a block accidentally behind it.

Bonus note: you can right click on Fabricators through the block select UI (the order of precedence for them is too high, or whatever).

[Edit 2018-12-15: I think this has since been fixed for a while.]

Last edited: