[0.7.9] Is Twitter interface dead? No Sumo enemies (also, how to send invaders?)

Discussion in 'Bugs (Stable Only)' started by ZeroGravitas, Jan 17, 2018.

1. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games
    Canary

[​IMG]

This is all I'm seeing in Sumo mode, currently. Same for @Gaming Authoritah, as seen in this YouTube video:

I'd been leaving Sumo alone, as I think it's pointless (compared to a full AI tournament mode - please!) and likely to have fallen into disrepair, given current development focus.

But I'm curious if this is a problem with our Twitter connectivity, or a universal issue with the game, currently...? I don't see any way to change Twitter setting in game and I've not had any failure to log in errors pop up, ever.

Related, how are you supposed to Tweet an invader? I've never been certain, because the tweet option from the snapshot menu has never really said anything about it to affirm that it will work as an invader, as opposed to just a plain tweet... (Do you have to kill an invader and use that dialogue box that pops up...? Have always been confused about this.)

[​IMG]

I saw @Tenzen gaming having the same uncertain Tweeting screens (and he's previously sent a load of invader, I think).

2. Gaming Authoritah

Yes, definitely something up with the twitter connection in this game. For sumo, this seems to be a Versus problem. Ranked matches do bring up a range of crafts.

3. ZeroGravitas

Canary

Oh right? I wasn't seeing anything...

[​IMG]

Does the tech you have selected matter for that? The only viable one I had to hand was tiny, basically just a cab...

MrTwister likes this.
  4. Gaming Authoritah

No it doesn't seem to. The searching take a while, say, 6 seconds, but I get all 3 slots returned. Still only 1 tech returned on the Versus though.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  5. ZeroGravitas

Canary

OK, so I managed to get through a few series of ranked matches the other night (more interesting that I thought it would be).

But in the verses mode, my tweeted tech is not showing (so I'm told). @Adriano, @Sammi - current Twitter integration status?

6. ZeroGravitas

Canary

I'll try @kae - what is the (known) status of the Twitter interface with the game? This question just promted me to look this thread up again.

Further to the above, I'd 'won' ranked a couple of times, disappointingly quickly and easily. With (challenging) techs I'd faced a couple days before no longer appearing. @Gaming Authoritah also 'won' 4 days after me, without having to face my champion tech (which appeared to be tweeted out correctly).

Lord Zarnox and MrTwister like this.
  7. MrTwister

MrTwister Well-Known Member

Looks like we are abandoning the Twitter boat and embarking the Steam boat :)

8. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

but if you try to float a boat on steam, all you get is a sunken boat that is too hot to handle, or recover