0.7.9 Cowardly Trader Troll

Discussion in 'Bugs (Stable Only)' started by Zed, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

[Advance to Time index @22:45]

With the Troll's "autoclear obstacles" such as trees and rocks it is dishonorable for the trader troll to *run away* from a new player.

ZeroGravitas and JimmyBlether like this.
  2. GamerParrish

GamerParrish Well-Known Member

Zed: *Looks behind* Oh, that's why he's running...

3. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

= P .

I don't have a camera nor mic on my main rig so the AI has no way of knowing from whom it runs.

@kae

4. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

2Fast2Cowardly :D

We've seen this before, but haven't managed to get a solid repro over on this side, by any chance did you manage to grab the logs from that play through or have a save while he's still alive and running?

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  5. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Alas no, as I was not the individual behind the keyboard in this specific case.

From watching the video in its entirety what I can tell you which may be of help in reproducing this issue is that the trader troll had defeated the player twice and that it was on the third encounter with the player where the trader troll "chose" to run away.

Regarding my original post the issue isnt so much that the trader troll chose to ran but rather that the trader troll has the auto clear ability which affects nearby trees / rocks effortlessly... perhaps if the trader troll itself did not have this ability and it were merely applied to his landing circle (as is done with Venture Stunt Mission start points) it would be a better method of ameliorating this "bug" so it is not encountered in the future.

ZeroGravitas likes this.