[0.7.9] Blocks Sometime Refuse To Be Placed

Discussion in 'Bugs (Stable Only)' started by Benbacon, Jan 24, 2018.

?

Is this annoying?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Benbacon

Benbacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

Pretty self-explatory:
    Sometimes blocks just can't be placed even when there is nothing in the way

Legionite likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Sounds like you're talking about this bug, reported in a previous unstable. I think it's more that certain attach points become unusable (after removing something that was there)...
    I'm not merging this there so that there's a thread, here, on this in the "Bugs" section too (it's likely to be a commonly noticed problem).

Benbacon likes this.
  3. Benbacon

In some cases that is not true, and in those cases the bug can be fixed by removing one of the blocks that have the AP and replacing it

4. ZeroGravitas

Sorry, I meant to ask more of a question. Do you think you are seeing the same bug as reported there? (Insights aside.)

Benbacon likes this.
  5. Benbacon

Yes this is the same bug, but I couldn't find the thread then making this report

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  6. ZeroGravitas

Benbacon likes this.
  7. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Na, I was just pretending to report it ;). Have a good one [8D)

8. ZeroGravitas

I meant that it "seemed to be" the same bug as this (I couldn't be 100% certain).

But also, I didn't see you pull up the in-game report menu in the video itself, just saying you'd report it later. With no new thread here, I though I'd post it up quickly for you, here. I can't see where you've tagged Jamie.

reaperx1 likes this.
  9. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

I know I was just kidding around [8D). I posted my video on the Reapers Playground with the tag for Jamie.

Have a good one [8D)

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  10. ArmchairGravy

ArmchairGravy Well-Known Member

Version: 1.0
    Replication:
    1) Attach hub wheel to something
    2)Attempt to attach rock drill onto hub wheel

Rock drill shows red outline box when attempting to attach to hub wheel. Rock drill attaches fine to other blocks. Hub wheel attaches fine to other blocks.

Edit: Issue was not resolved by reloading save, but was resolved by restarting game.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Lord Zarnox and JimmyBlether like this.
  11. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER (on roleplay holiday)

That's bizarre...

12. ZeroGravitas

Can you actually replicate the glitch with your stated method?

Are you describing this previously reported bug, where attachment points become mysteriously blocked from working? (Until restarting or removing all the adjacent blocks.)

13. ArmchairGravy

It's only happened the one time at the beginning of the game, so I guess just chalk it up to weirdness.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  14. ZeroGravitas

I've just merged @ArmchairGravy's new thread titled "[1.0] GSO Rock Drill won't attach to Hub Wheel" with this one that I think is the same thing.

15. ArmchairGravy

I did have this happen again while building a turret. GSO 2 block wouldn't attach to a GEO Standard block. Restarted the game and it worked fine. Good luck in reliably replicating this one! bugbotconfused

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  16. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hey all, we haven't seen this in the office for a long while and I haven't been able to reproduce this using ArmChairGravys repro steps, has anyone had this issue appear in a fresh save game from 1.0?

Seth_Seth and AstraTheDragon like this.
  17. ZeroGravitas

A post on Steam, 3 hours ago, saying they had it in R&D mode.

I've not had it, but not done all that much building in 1.0 and only had it once before. Is there any specific reason to think it's been fixed?

18. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

I'm not saying that I think it has been fixed, other bug fixes have gone in regarding the AP snapping which could have possibly fixed this too, the last report we had on this was in April(I believe?) and as I mentioned before no one's seen this one in the office in a good while, so the chances of this one being now a non issue was quite high.

But alas, as this one's been posted again we'll have to take another look into it, any repro steps or extra information/save files/tech snapshots anyone has will be a great help in fixing it.

Cheers

ZeroGravitas and Seth_Seth like this.