BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Pretty self-explatory:
Sometimes blocks just can't be placed even when there is nothing in the way

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Sounds like you're talking about this bug, reported in a previous unstable. I think it's more that certain attach points become unusable (after removing something that was there)...
I'm not merging this there so that there's a thread, here, on this in the "Bugs" section too (it's likely to be a commonly noticed problem).

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
I think it's more that certain attach points become unusable (after removing something that was there)...
In some cases that is not true, and in those cases the bug can be fixed by removing one of the blocks that have the AP and replacing it

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Na, I was just pretending to report it ;).
I meant that it "seemed to be" the same bug as this (I couldn't be 100% certain).

But also, I didn't see you pull up the in-game report menu in the video itself, just saying you'd report it later. With no new thread here, I though I'd post it up quickly for you, here. I can't see where you've tagged Jamie.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
I meant that it "seemed to be" the same bug as this (I couldn't be 100% certain).

But also, I didn't see you pull up the in-game report menu in the video itself, just saying you'd report it later. With no new thread here, I though I'd post it up quickly for you, here. I can't see where you've tagged Jamie.
I know I was just kidding around [8D). I posted my video on the Reapers Playground with the tag for Jamie.

Have a good one [8D)

ArmchairGravy

Version: 1.0
Replication:
1) Attach hub wheel to something
2)Attempt to attach rock drill onto hub wheel

Rock drill shows red outline box when attempting to attach to hub wheel. Rock drill attaches fine to other blocks. Hub wheel attaches fine to other blocks.

Edit: Issue was not resolved by reloading save, but was resolved by restarting game.

Last edited:

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Version: 1.0
Replication:
1) Attach hub wheel to something
2)Attempt to attach rock drill onto hub wheel

Rock drill shows red outline box when attempting to attach to hub wheel. Rock drill attaches fine to other blocks. Hub wheel attaches fine to other blocks.

Edit: Issue was not resolved by reloading save, but was resolved by restarting game.
That's bizarre...

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Rock drill shows red outline box when attempting to attach to hub wheel.
Can you actually replicate the glitch with your stated method?

Are you describing this previously reported bug, where attachment points become mysteriously blocked from working? (Until restarting or removing all the adjacent blocks.)

ArmchairGravy

Can you actually replicate the glitch with your stated method?

Are you describing this previously reported bug, where attachment points become mysteriously blocked from working? (Until restarting or removing all the adjacent blocks.)
It's only happened the one time at the beginning of the game, so I guess just chalk it up to weirdness.

ArmchairGravy

I did have this happen again while building a turret. GSO 2 block wouldn't attach to a GEO Standard block. Restarted the game and it worked fine. Good luck in reliably replicating this one! bugbotconfused

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey all, we haven't seen this in the office for a long while and I haven't been able to reproduce this using ArmChairGravys repro steps, has anyone had this issue appear in a fresh save game from 1.0?

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Is there any specific reason to think it's been fixed?
I'm not saying that I think it has been fixed, other bug fixes have gone in regarding the AP snapping which could have possibly fixed this too, the last report we had on this was in April(I believe?) and as I mentioned before no one's seen this one in the office in a good while, so the chances of this one being now a non issue was quite high.

But alas, as this one's been posted again we'll have to take another look into it, any repro steps or extra information/save files/tech snapshots anyone has will be a great help in fixing it.

Cheers

ArmchairGravy

I'm not saying that I think it has been fixed, other bug fixes have gone in regarding the AP snapping which could have possibly fixed this too, the last report we had on this was in April(I believe?) and as I mentioned before no one's seen this one in the office in a good while, so the chances of this one being now a non issue was quite high.

But alas, as this one's been posted again we'll have to take another look into it, any repro steps or extra information/save files/tech snapshots anyone has will be a great help in fixing it.

Cheers
Just FYI, this was a fresh, clean install of 1.0. I uninstalled via Steam, then blew away the My Games\Terra Tech folder and also the Local Roaming folder, and installed 1.0. I had this issue happen twice out of hundreds of block placements with completely different blocks, and a restart of the game resolved it. The one thing I can say is I did notice the problematic blocks flickering red/white as I tried to place them. Beers > Cheers!