[0.7.9] Anchors deploy through blocks attached beneath

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by ZeroGravitas, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Like so:
    [​IMG]

Creative save attached, just in case.

I'm not sure if this is considered as the same bug as reported here by @Nightblade Greyswandir...?

Attached Files:

Adriano likes this.
  2. Adriano

Adriano PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Thanks ZG, think this is a bit different to Nightblades report, which was that the attachment points shouldn't be there in the first place. In this case, the player is able to attach blocks on the underside and force them to clip through the anchor. Blocks like the Solar Gen need that AP to allow the player to attach them upright, so it'll need a different solution. Will pass it on. Cheers :)

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  3. ZeroGravitas

@Adriano / @Sammi - Apparently this issues meant that anchors will deploy right through blocks beneath them (I hadn't quite twigged that). Which is a PitA when making early game mobile crafting techs, because the refinery, etc, anchors will sometimes anchor through the deck and prevent a tech from being able to turn on it's rotating anchor.

E.g. here: note it doesn't always anchor through. So you will have to try it a half dozen times, to be sure. I think it's related to the flickering anchor issue in another report, where you're playing roulete as to weather a crafting block with attach to the main tech, or as a separate, new tech.

ZG AnchorThrough1.png

Were the anchor length adjustments another of those modifications that were done without coder support?

I think maybe the pick up height for anchoring wasn't increase in-line with the more generous reach, too; this tech, with nice long solar generator anchors, won't anchor from the ground, even in perfectly flat R&D. Only works from build beam:

ZG WontAchorFlat.png

Edit 2018-01-25
    : actually, it may well be the refinery (and fabricator) trying to anchor, through, that's blocking this particular tech from anchoring normally.

Edited thread title, previously "Attach points inside deployed, fixed anchors are still usable".

#3 ZeroGravitas, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  4. GKJ

GKJ Well-Known Member

the process of trying ~ I completely didn't expect to put it in such a simple way.

I would like to ask whether the construction of free online mode under open hostility mode ~ and friends often dispute over who is more powerful tanks or who is more powerful, but not the real battle battle mode and the other, I hope you can join free online in the next update.

Attached Files:

5. ZeroGravitas

I've merged @GKJ's new thread titled "[0.7.9.1]The overlapping of the object ~" with this existing report, based on it's title and attached snapshots. I don't understand the text.:confused: You seem to be talking about multi-player modes...? Have I put this post in the right place? Can you please clarify what you are saying, if not.:)

6. GKJ

GKJ Well-Known Member

I hope that both sides are more free to make their own tanks to fight with their friends rather than a fixed and simple tank now.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  7. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

It should be noted that the tech won't actually anchor unless there is at least one anchor block that isn't blocked, and is in range. I'd say that the anchors passing through blocks is likely simply due to the blocks checking if they are in range of the ground for the anchor to appear, as because the tech is already anchored, it doesn't bother to check if it is blocked or not.

8. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

#8 DrShadox, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    AstraTheDragon and the.nihilist like this.
  9. the.nihilist

the.nihilist Semiprofessional Idler

i have seen it once too, but already in 0.8.1 and with one of the GSO manufacturing Blocks. i couldn't retrace my steps though.

10. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

I can only get this to repro with the GSO anchorable blocks, has anyone ever seen this issue with any other faction anchorable blocks?

Got it logged, cheers!

DrShadox and AstraTheDragon like this.
  11. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

I'll try soon (after the terratechgame live haha)

Edit 1: GC anchor seem go trough GSO big armor plate (sometime)
    https://clips.twitch.tv/GeniusProudGnatKreygasm

Edit 2 : GC anchor through GSO block
    https://clips.twitch.tv/BoredSoftGoldfishDatBoi

Venture seem OK

Edit 3 : HE anchor seem go through too (sometime)
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ThankfulLongCaterpillarTBTacoLeft

Also it can go through only wiht atleast 2 block/4 are "open" , didnt try other corps for that :
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FuriousWimpyShrewNotATK

#11 DrShadox, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    kae and the.nihilist like this.
  12. ZeroGravitas

I've just merged @DrShadox's new thread titled "[0822] Bug Report - Anchoring block sometime act weird" with this older one on the same issue (to keep all the information together). Sorry I somehow missed this when you first posted it.

It looked like the GSO Fabricator did it too, previously. But I think you guys might have removed the offending attach points on it, unsure.

#12 ZeroGravitas, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    DrShadox likes this.
  13. ZeroGravitas

Woot. Seems to be fixed in 1.0.0.1.:)
    [​IMG]

Edit: spoke too soon - it's half fixed (@kae):

#13 ZeroGravitas, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  14. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Eugh, it looks like it still has a bit of trouble on some slopes, I can't find any of them though. Can you upload that save so I can check it out please?

Galrex and AstraTheDragon like this.
  15. ZeroGravitas

Huh. Nothing special there so I didn't save that creative world. Any medium gentle hill should work, as long as you can build out over it so the anchors will stretch further than they should. I might get around to re-reproducing for you later, if you still want...?

kae likes this.
  16. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

It's all good, I manged to find a hill that reproduced it :)

17. ZeroGravitas

This new bug may be related to these changes (sorry, report's vague at the moment).

18. HeX

HeX Well-Known Member

Anchoring through blocks are back bois!
    Found By AstraTheDragon
    upload_2018-9-18_14-36-55.png

19. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

TO BE SURE, I ASSUME THE BUG IS WHEN THE PITON VISUALLY CLIPS INTO BLOCKS WHEN ANCHORING

BLOCKS AFFECTED:
    SCUs (obviously excluding the Venture SCU as it cannot anchor), the GeoCorp Scrapper, the GeoCorp Fabricator, the GeoCorp Refinery, the GeoCorp Delivery Cannon (especially apparent, nice new anchor piton by the way), GeoCorp Fixed Anchor, GeoCorp Rotating Anchor (was able to rotate), Hawkeye Fixed Anchor, Hawkeye Rotating Anchor (was able to rotate), Hawkeye Fabricator, Hawkeye Refinery, Hawkeye Anchored Delivery Cannon, Hawkeye Scrapper. (Anything with an anchor piton larger than 1x1 or offgrid from APs it seems.)

CRITERIA AND IDIOSYNCRASIES
    The anchoring seems to not work if the anchor is largely blocked with other blocks. For blocks with centres that focus between APs, the trend seems to be that if all the APs surrounding the point are completely or in some cases mostly blocked, then it will fail to anchor.
    upload_2018-9-18_19-57-57.png <- This will fail to anchor. upload_2018-9-18_20-1-24.png <This will anchor.
    The GeoCorp SCU is particularly weird with its behaviour.
    upload_2018-9-18_20-5-43.png <- This will anchor despite the piton stem is completely covered. https://imgur.com/a/6rzHHRA <- This won't anchor no matter which side you have those blocs on, but those APs are cursed or something...

hope this helps!

#19 AstraTheDragon, Sep 18, 2018 at 8:14 PM
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018 at 3:12 PM
    kae, ZeroGravitas and QuackDuck like this.
  20. ZeroGravitas

I've merged @HeX's new thread titled "1.0.0.2 Anchoring Issue" with this older one on the same issue (and it's incomplete fix).