[0.7.9.2] Passive Invader and Enemies

Cusuno

Apr 4, 2015
Germany
Yes, I'm still alive.

Anyway, I decided to play more TerraTech again with the newest unstable version. After a few hours of playing, I got an invader in the desert biome. After preparing myself, the invader appeared and did... nothing.
It just stood completely still and its guns were just pointing at me, not even firing a single shot.

I was surprised and decided to spare the invader's life. After going back to the main base, I continued to chase down some enemy techs (shielded techs seem to be a lot more common now than before). However, even then I noticed that some enemy techs also were passive. While some were aggressively attacking me, others just stood completely still just like the invader, no matter if I approached them or not.

Edit: I took a closer look at the invader and it seems to be trying to unstuck itself by occasionally moving its tires. Not sure if that's causing the AI bug.

I honestly cannot find an explanation for this and it happens completely random.

I searched in the forums if anyone also has posted a similar bug. Since I haven't found one, I decided to post it myself. If it's out there and already known, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Here's a screenshot of me hanging out with the invader.20180422020758_1.jpg

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
If an enemy tech gets within range of a mission NPC, like Crafty Mike or Suzie Vroom, they will become (permanently) passive. And some regular enemy spawns are set to 'flee' mode, of course.

But, yeah, I think sometimes the AI may just break altogether.

Reactions: Lord Zarnox

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Mar 7, 2018
Heya Cusuno, we've got this one logged already. I've attached your log to our report and hopefully it'll help us get to the bottom of this one, cheers!

Reactions: ZeroGravitas