[0.7.9.2] AI guards got detached from ground/rotating anchor

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by ExileFox, Mar 18, 2018.

1. ExileFox

ExileFox Well-Known Member

So I tried to continue from an earlier save, and an intruder smashed most of my base to bits before i could take it down :(

After that I noticed one of the AI guards where detached from it's anchor. And the other guard has detached self from ground :confused:

See screenshot for the one that detached from ground. Didn't screenshot the guard which detached from it's anchor, but both guards are intact and only the connection between blocks was lost somehow. no blocks were damaged or missing.

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Thanks. A save game file (before and/or after) might be relevant. So too the "output_log.txt" file, before restarting the game.

I've added the game version number to the title "[0.7.9.2]".

3. ExileFox

Savegame after the incident is attached to this post.

I think something went very wrong with this save, as after reload, repair bubbles doesn't work.

Output log could not be opened.
    Notepad++ plugin attempted to load it but wrote garbage before crashing (plugin error, but the damage is already done. I have notified the plugin developer about this issue and disabled the plugin)

An output log after reloading still might be useful: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39iqbwt83uxdnhu/output_log - reloaded.txt?dl=0
    (sorry, too big to attach to the post)

Also, the 3rd guard has become stuck due to a change in the terrain, the anchor is unable to rotate

Attached Files:

#3 ExileFox, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Thanks @ExileFox.

Do the tech's batteries have charge in them? (Obviously, if it's not anchored, the solar gen can't deploy to charge them.)

You can usually Zip the output_log.txt files down to way under 1MB, because the bugs tend to cause highly repetitive error messages in there. (For future reference.)

5. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hiya ExileFox, We've had a few instances of blocks not being affected by repair bubbles after game load and we're looking into it. A shame the output log couldn't be opened, I'll take a look into the AI modules detaching issue for you, thanks for the report!

6. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

kae, I have had (in my current campaign) instances of the gso rotating anchour and gso larger drill noty repairing when inside the repair bubble, and the only way I could get the blocks 'repaired'(ie at full health) was to cu them

7. ExileFox

Batteries were full on the anchored tech but it also doesn't work on another anchored tech that do not have batteries. The bubbles are visible so they should be functional, yet, they aren't.

Though, remember that the breaking point is not on the AI block itself, but in both terrain+anchor (as screenshot shows) as well as the connection between the rotating anchor and the next block.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  8. harpo99999

and still happening in 0.7.9.3 even with anchours stored inside a tech and not connecting with the ground and also with the gso two drills

#8 harpo99999, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  9. harpo99999

and I have seen in 0.8.1.3 the venture ai cab also getting the same damaged and not repairing when in a position that should be impossible for damage to happen, the same effect as the gso rotating anchour and the gso two drill

10. ExileFox

[​IMG]

On game version 1.0 i can still push my guard around and park it upside-down for a few seconds before it flips :D