[0.7.9.1] Trader Troll's Regen Bubble retains yellow highlight {and other blocks}

Discussion in 'TT Unstable (Bugs & Feedback)' started by ZeroGravitas, Mar 11, 2018.

1. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I think this is must be a bug... But I've only watched @M1cha3lMax replay the early game. These new yellow objective block highlights look really clean and slick. But...

[​IMG]

I don't think this Regen Bubble should have retained it's highlight after the Troll is destroyed...? Is it because the devs are using the Regen Bubble to highlight the troll as a stop-gap improvisation? Or maybe because Mr Max skilfully managed to test synchronised destruction (blowing up at the same time as destroying the troll, there)?

See 20m48s in the video:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  2. ZeroGravitas

I see that as he continued playing (in Episode 2) the block highlight remained on that Regen Bubble and no further blocks were highlighted in missions.

Also, there are no XP number overlay pop-ups from destroyed techs, or selling payment numbers from delivery canons. Is that another bug or deliberate change? e.g. at 6m14s:

3. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

I also have this in my current game

4. ZeroGravitas

Same exact thing? Trader trolls regen bubble?

5. harpo99999

yes, and it holds the highlight even on my tech, but I still see the xp gain figures

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  6. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

2018-03-13 20_03_24-Greenshot.jpg
    here is mine contribution to this bug, with savegame

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  7. ZeroGravitas

I don't think it will reload with the issue still present (from watching @M1cha3lMax).

8. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

It reloaded on my computer... three times in same season (no TT restarting), so you can try and see if it will be there or not...

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  9. harpo99999

it has reloaded on my computer as well, with different boots and sessions

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  10. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

This one should have been fixed, but somehow managed to sneak through. I'll notify the coders and try and get it fixed again.

Thanks guys!

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  11. Geminy Sky

Geminy Sky Well-Known Member

For some reason i get those yellow outlines on those parts named in the title, they appear randomly on them, even on once that have worked normal. the outline stays on the part even when its put in the inventory via a scu storage device. the only way to get rid of it was with a scrapper and rebuilding the part with a fabricator and extra recources. im in the latest unstable version, if thats important. most annoyingly is that those parts can get yellow on any time, for example the thruster got yellow when i logged back in my game, the repair bubble on the same way. if i change the repair bubble, a different one gets yellow after some time.

Unbenannt896.PNG [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  12. harpo99999

regarding the repair bubble, is it the second one you get that has the outline?

13. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya Geminy Sky, we already have this one logged and we should have it fixed in a later build :)

Thanks for reporting!

14. ZeroGravitas

I've merged Geminy Sky's new thread titled "Yellow outlines on GSO repair bubble projector and GSO tetrox booster jet" with this existing one.

This behaviour is the same as seen when the Scrapper/Fabricator/Refinery/etc processing animations get stuck on (if one is unloaded mid-processing). [Refinery smoke report. I can't seem to find one for the scrappers - which I had a huge issue with when filming the GBC. Must not have gotten around to reporting it...]

There seems to be an uncleared block property in the game's memory array which will just becomes re-associated with the next block of that type that you spawn from inventory (after storing a glitched block).

Difference being: that glitch always resolved with a full game restart, whereas this appears to persist. (Perhaps only if the highlighted block stays in the world, rather than being stored away during reload...?)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  15. ZeroGravitas

This not supposed to be fixed yet in 0.8.1.1, then @kae?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

It should indeed be fixed. We haven't seen this is a long while over here and I can't see it when I load your save on our internal builds or on the latest public release.

Can you try clearing your game cache and seeing if that fixes it (game cache should be in your steam folder for terratech)?

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  17. ZeroGravitas

I don't see it either on my above save file, sorry. But I was able to reproduce it just now, after a fashion. By loading my save from the beginning of the Crafty Mike mission (attached), completing it (using resources on my tech), sending the base to inventory, then hunting about for a new spawn with boosters. Unfortunately none spawned with boosters, so I gave up, loaded a different save from just after the mission, and one happened to appear:

[​IMG]

So I think it's (still) one of these residue block data issues, like the scrapper animations.

Output log attached too.

Do you mean the "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\TerraTech Beta\Cache" folder with temporary tech snapshot data in? I can try that and then re-try recreating this again (later) if you want. (You don't mean verifying game cache in Steam then?)

Attached Files: