[0.7.8] Terrain biome loading / replacement errors

PC version (on Windows 10)

Version 1.0.0

This bug has only happened once to me, but closing and relaunching the world, as well as the game as a whole, did not help.

Occurred in Campaign mode

There is a sudden change of biome (not the usual change), and in elevation at a specific area. This caused the ground to appear "floating" above the "void". Falling into this "void" reveals that it is really just a solid, and causes the vehicle to eventually surface onto the... surface.

This happened after a fairly long break from the game, and as such, I do not know how to reproduce it.

Image:
20180928193859_1.jpg

Also attached is a world save. Unfortunately, I moved the tech away about 1000 units south-ish

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've just merged @Alpha Destroyer 32768's new thread, titled "[1.0.0][PC]-World Deformation (restart didn't help?)", with this existing one. (Good report, thanks.:))

Yes, usually this bug resolves itself if you reload the world, or leave and come back. However, there have been a couple examples where it happens reproducibly, at the same spot. This seems to relate to anchored techs placed close to the boundary lines between world tiles (from my observations).

The sharp transition edges are visualised world tile seams that are usually unobservable, with 384m spacing in both horizontal axis. The terrain in one of those tiles has been incorrectly loaded from another part of the world. Reasons unknown.

Orion

1.0.1 Steam - Terrain re-generated

Mac OS X

Terratech 1.0.1

Only occurred once

Campaign

I loaded up my current campaign by pressing 'continue' on the home page of the game. When it loaded, however, the salt flats biome I had been building in had been replaced by a desert biome. While all my techs were saved, and most of them glitched up to the surface of the biome, my base was trapped mostly underground. However, once I loaded my save using the 'load' menu, it was fine, and everything was back to normal.

I don't know how to reproduce this bug, as it only happened once.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've just merged @Orion's new thread titled "Terrain re-generated" with this old one.

Thanks for reporting, it's still a common bug, unfortunately. If it persists, try moving your base setup at least 100m in both compass directions, as this tends to happen more at world tile seams.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Simply reloading the save repeatedly grantees the terrain glitch kicking in
This no longer happens in 1.2.0.1 and I've not seen any random screenshot of this infamous bug knocking around for a couple months, so I'm going to tentatively say that you devs have indeed fixed it. Well done, good job.:)

(Unless anyone has seen otherwise....?)

Captain Load

I've not encountered this bug since the last major update although I've seen what might be a variant. I saw a different biome off in the distance and when I'd gotten about halfway there it suddenly turned into that grey space that's under the terrain, and then about two seconds later it came back but as a different biome. That's been a couple updates ago and I can't recall which one it started as or what it changed into. Haven't seen it since, however.