[0.7.8] Pacemaker setting not remembered

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Pacemaker's pause/slow/turbo settings are not stored in snapshots, as Filter Conveyor's selections are. (Fabricator and Component Factories selected repeat build orders should be retained too, I think.)

A tech's Pacemaker setting is also reset when de-anchoring (a nuisance for mobile mini-crafters/hybrid techs).

#CoderTime, right?:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Zarnox

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Possibly worst that Pacemakers at Turbo cause resources to fling off bases when coming out of refinery and scrappers [bug report]. Especially when going directly to silos.

But Pacemakers were badly needed for timely crafting, and the lack of coder time to finish them up had been dragging on for a long time, so, on balance, giving them to GSO was still the best decision. (If only multi-player wasn't wasting taking so much coding time...:p;))

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Sadly, this is a tricky one to fix. Storing tech info in snapshots isn't as simple as it looks. Saving the state of a single block is possible (e.g. filter settings), but anything that affects a whole tech (e.g. battery levels, fuel etc) is a lot trickier. The pacemaker falls into the latter category I'm afraid. Not sure about the de-anchoring part though, will ask and find out.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Just tested the de-anchoring @ZeroGravitas , and seems to work fine for me. Can you upload a snapshot of a tech that's doing this so we can see what's going on? Cheers :)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Just tested the de-anchoring @ZeroGravitas , and seems to work fine for me.
Yeeeah. Sorry. It's quite possible I confused myself there; perhaps forgot I'd moved the pacemaker block. (The perils of not taking the time to make video demonstration proof.)

Undo of popping off the Sole Pacemaker (by removing the block it's attached to) definitely fails to restore the speed setting though.

Saving the state of a single block is possible
So just have all the attached Pacemaker blocks store the Tech's speed setting.;):p (Or the primary Pacemaker - i.e. first attached.)