[0.7.8] Dead blocks not responding to magnets/SCU

Discussion in 'Bugs (Stable Only)' started by layer1, Nov 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

ZeroGravitas had mentioned reproducing this here:

https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...tech-easily-with-undo-trick.13284/#post-85620

I have two incidents from the same campaign. I could maybe reproduce this if I saved all the time and got a save before it happened but these dead blocks don't show up super often and saving that much would be annoying. I'll at least save more frequently and hopefully catch this.

The first save (Dead block.sav) is a block from a tech. The second (Dead block 2.sav) is a block from a mission reward crate.

Attached Files:

2. layer1

And another with the same dead block from a different reward chest.

Attached Files:

3. layer1

The next one is the same GC celestian block from a reward chest. I think if I abandon it and let the block decay, I'll get a different dead block next time.

4. Adriano

Adriano PAYLOAD STUDIOS Developer QA Lead Canary King

Thanks for this buddy, do you still have this happening in the latest version? I tried loading all your saves and couldn't see any blocks that I couldn't interact with, or that the SCU would not pick up.

5. layer1

I'll reply to this post (again) if I do.

Adriano likes this.
  6. layer1

I did find a dead block from a mission reward, but quitting completely out of the game, restarting TT and loading the save fixed the behavior. That's probably why you can't see any blocks and is going to make troubleshooting this difficult.

7. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Moderator Beta Deluxe Canary Moderator

Do you think it's a different kind of block glitch from the one I showed how to reproduce in the thread you linked:

Clearly there's a different root to it, as your reward chest blocks weren't part of a tech and didn't take damage.

I've added the game version number to the title - 0.7.8.0, right?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 9:07 PM
  8. layer1

We-e-e-ll, I did update to latest unstable today so 0.7.8.4. The behavior is identical to 0.7.8.0.

- First block was from a rewards chest. Game was quit/restarted after that.

- Next block was a Megaton off a tech. I dragged it into the SCU.

- Next block was also a Megaton. I let it sit by my SCU and ventured off ~1000 blocks to do some missions. It was still sitting there when I got back so I again dragged it to the SCU.

- Next block was another Megaton and I dragged it to the SCU.

Until I quit the game or let it decay, the dead blocks will always be Megatons from this point forward. I think. That's been what I've seen in the past so it's something persistent, but only if I keep that dead block around.

One thing I haven't tried is building a tech with Megatons and letting it die somehow to see if one of them is a dead block. So I'm not sure if it's related to what you're seeing, Zero Gravitas.

edit: It's always going to be just one Megaton that's a dead block. I'll be able to find others that behave normally.

Adriano likes this.
  9. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Moderator Beta Deluxe Canary Moderator

Oh, that's interesting. Sounds kinda like when one of the scrappers/refineries/etc get their smoke processing effect stuck on, you can send it to inventory but then the next block of that type you put down also has the glitch. Like the game is recycling the block's properties entry without resetting everything properly, first.

Adriano and layer1 like this.
  10. Adriano

Adriano PAYLOAD STUDIOS Developer QA Lead Canary King

@layer1 So just to clarify then - when you say "dead blocks", you can interact with them fine, but they don't get picked up by the SCU? You don't get the SCU particle effect on the dead block either? Cheers :)

layer1 and ZeroGravitas like this.
  11. layer1

That's right, SCU won't pull it in and there are no particles. Magnets don't affect them either.

Adriano likes this.