[0.7.8.6] BUG Snapping blocks {sometimes won't reattach}

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by YAKFLY, Dec 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. YAKFLY

YAKFLY Well-Known Member

YOP !!

I had a general issue regarding snapping blocks together that WERE already attached at the position before.

CASE : I need to repair a tech after a combat, snapp a Cruise at its previous position in a row :

[​IMG]

I can't. I can remove and re-snap the n°1 at the right but not the N°2

[​IMG]

Then on the top, I need to replace a GSO missile. I can't.
    It was there before.

[​IMG]

For test purpose, I remove the solar gen just at the back.
    I try to re-snapp it. I can't.
    But I can place it just one step at the left.

[​IMG]

I checked if there was some trapped blocks stuck within my tech, nothing.
    I tryed both in Build mode, on the ground and anchored.
    Its like suddenly the anti-intersect mechanism just became crazy

Then I did a save, and restarted the game, no more issue.
    I can now resnap everything in place.

EDIT

I just had the same issue when building a platform.
    Not immediately, but after after adding around 150 blocks.
    Suddenly one block refuses to snap, it was blinking transparent red and green like if it was hesitating between two states.
    I was able to snap it by chance, but any other blocks failed.

From this point, impossible to continue any build.
    Each time I remove a block i'm unable to snap it again in the same position.

... until I restart the game.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#1 YAKFLY, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. Adriano

Adriano PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Thanks for reporting this @YAKFLY , just want to confirm - it's not that the block was highlighted in red, indicating that the block could not be placed, but also when you released the block it does not attach correctly? And did you happen to save the output log after this occurred? Cheers :)

3. YAKFLY

YAKFLY Well-Known Member

I confirm :

When I'm trying to snap a block on its normal position were it should assemble without problem, its Highlighted in RED as visible on screenshot.
    According to this wrong status it does not assemble.
    Its the red status wich is not correct at that moment.

Please also consider what happened during second times (EDIT on original post) when the block was blicking between red and transparent status like hesitating.

Sorry I did not took the output log just after, but I will does as soon as its coming back again.

4. Sammi

Sammi PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hi @YAKFLY , unfortunately we were unable to reproduce your issue, but we've logged it in our system. We'll look out for it and if you encounter it again in the future it'd be great if you can update us with the reproduction steps and the output log. Thanks :)

5. YAKFLY

YAKFLY Well-Known Member

Hello

I got one in R&D. see attached files. Hope you can do something with that.

I'm sorry about the reproduction steps, it does appear after a certain amount of time, when building, but I can't find any commonality for the moment.
    When it does appear, then I can't build anymore, most of the dots are no more usable (but not all). In this situation, each time I remove a block, its position is no more usable... until I restart the game.

This time the last 3 red dots are not usable for attaching something (but should be) and cause the block to have the red status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't attach the small GSO blocks, but despite red status, I can attache the big plate (I assume because the highest red dot has a OK status for snapping)
    But then I have a strange white area around the problematic dot, and a perpetual electric noise.

[​IMG]

Even stranger :

I can overlap anoter block to the problematic one, if I release it like that, I can attach it, and the previous one snaps away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#5 YAKFLY, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  6. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

7. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I've merged @Nightblade Greyswandir new thread, titled "Block placing bug" with this existing report. I've added "{sometimes won't reattach}" to this title.

8. Nightblade Greyswandir

Just a small update, I had this again few times, and situation is like this, if i was about to place normal square and it does not move from placing place after first red-situation, if I just really fast left click on block, it attach in no more than three tries. This is if block stay on place so fast left click will not move it, if blocks moves, so it have to be moved back to palce, with holding left click, it can not be placed at all.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  9. Nightblade Greyswandir

10. ZeroGravitas

Ok, I had a bout of this when trying to record episode 2 of my playthrough, today. Here's 1 video of it first happening, then a second of it causing trouble again...

It kept being a problem with that solar panel area of the tech, as I continued on. Very frustrating to deal with. Upon reloading the save and the tech involved, it no long shows any sign of the problem. But I've attached them here anyway.

The Output_log.txt might be more enlightening, potentially, but I did a whole lot of other stuff after it cropped up, of course. But it should include the previous little bit of play on that save, before I reloaded the same save, directly (false start).

It seems to me like it may be similar (or directly related) to the bug with the scrappers/refineries/etc continuously outputting smoke effects... Perhaps an odd sounding thing to say. But in both cases:

• They have occurred for me after reloading a save without quitting the game.
    • The glitch appears to be tied to a particular block, so getting a new one out of inventory helps, but...
    • Storing the glitched block away in inventory, the glitch returns on a new block.
    • Fixed by *fully* exiting the game.

Seems like a data array not being fully cleared, memory management issue, or something. Although, this bug is more recent, I think.

It's very prevelent too, @Sammi, @Adriano - have you seen the other thread on this?: https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/0-7-9-blocks-sometime-refuse-to-be-placed.15195/ Kinda hoping you guys have fixed it already, in next release. This and a bunch more... (I'm kinda holding off on reporting little things, because I've no idea if they'll be fixed anyway, and you've undoubtedly got oodles to test in your internal builds).

Attached Files:

#10 ZeroGravitas, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Captain Load and BenBacon like this.
  11. BenBacon

BenBacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

This bug has occurred many times before, and it's happening again

12. ZeroGravitas

I've merged @Benbacon's new thread titled "[0.7.9.1] Still Unable To Place Some Blocks" with this one (rather than just linking it for reference).

This definitely need attention, soon.

BenBacon likes this.
  13. Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels

Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels S H I N Y Mad Scientist

I've found it happens relatively often on techs with large weapons, like the battleship Cannon, or the monster mortar. It's like they create invisible ghost blocks that exist on the building grid but not in the world. There seems to be no correlation between location of weapons and location of ghost blocks, however.

BenBacon likes this.
  14. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

I can't seem to place blocks in a few particular locations on this tech.

Save for bug recreation and output log below.

Attached Files:

15. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

THIS WAS HAPPENING TO ME!!!!! I couldn't place HE 2 blocks, even when I restarted the r&d chamber. I had to restart TT to fix it.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  16. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

17. ZeroGravitas

I've just merged @QuackDuck's new thread, titled "[0.7.9.2]Block Placement Bug" with this older report.

Looks like the same thing to me. @DerNiepe mentioned hitting this issue in 0.7.9.2, also.

QuackDuck likes this.
  18. TheSpaceMan

TheSpaceMan Mammoth walker
    TT Translator

Sometimes block dont wanna go into s specific spot, sometimes not the same kind of block in the same place, but it fixes itself after reloading the save. It is rather annoying. (Already got this logged?) How can I report such bugs?

BenBacon likes this.
  19. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

20. TheSpaceMan

TheSpaceMan Mammoth walker
    TT Translator

Seems to be that.

ZeroGravitas likes this.