[0.7.8.2] Scrapper won't move components.

P

Pink Kitty

So, when scrapping some HE armour, i noticed that the HE scrapper put the resources into the system, except the components just got stuck in the scrapper mesh, and were pulled out by a nearby collector.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
What I'm seeing is the same problem with all Scrappers, Refineries, and Component Factories - the chunks they output still have collisions enabled with blocks of their anchored tech. They don't become properly 'holographic' until they are fully transferred out to the next crafting block.

E.g. attach silo to HE scrapper - works fine. Turn silo upside down - output chunks mostly get stuck on the back and peeled off, to become loose.

I'm guessing the physics simplification (with resources held on anchored techs) was done fairly quickly, and turning it off for this step was harder to do, so left (or overlooked).

Last edited:

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sorry folks, can one of you provide a screenshot or snapshot of what you mean? As far as I can tell you're referring to putting an upside down silo directly next to a right way up Scrapper, which shouldn't work anyway unless you have conveyors placed in such a way as to accommodate the unusual orientations.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
an upside down silo directly next to a right way up Scrapper, which shouldn't work anyway
o_Ofacepalmkris:rolleyes::(

It should work, in that 180 degree flipped connections between (edge-on) crafting components works everywhere else. Indeed, still half-works here, even in the worst of examples that I came up with to illustrate this dropping problem.

Do you really need me to make you a video tutorial for this?

The HE scrapper will also drop chunks when a lotsa silo is connected directly to it at 90 degrees, as PK first talks about. At it's middle, so one corner sticks up in the way.

Or a multitude of other possibilities, if the space around a scrapper/refinery/component factory's output port is filled in with other blocks, and the chunk is unable to make a fairly large step from where it hovers above the output port, to the next place it wants to hover.

P

Pink Kitty

Sorry folks, can one of you provide a screenshot or snapshot of what you mean? As far as I can tell you're referring to putting an upside down silo directly next to a right way up Scrapper, which shouldn't work anyway unless you have conveyors placed in such a way as to accommodate the unusual orientations.

Note the HE scrapper port. And the collector pad full of components.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@Pink Kitty I tried copying your set up exactly, and it doesn't appear to happen for me. No matter what I scrap everything gets passed to the silo correctly, then onto the filter, then the conveyors. I even tried parking another vehicle with collectors on it next to the small base, but they didn't pick up the resources until after they fell off the dropper. If this is happening 100% for you in this save, can you upload the save game please?

@ZeroGravitas Just to clarify, are you saying that a simple set up like this one has worked in the past?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Sigh.:(
@Pink Kitty I tried copying your set up exactly, and it doesn't appear to happen for me.
Well, obviously. Context is everything. In the case of the second clue supplied in this puzzle-report, i.e. picture above, I suspect there's 3 things you might be missing:

(1) Pacemaker set to Turbo (why would you not scrap as fast as possible?).
(2) Two or more scrappers running simultaneously, so that the silo is gradually filled up (can't output as fast).
(3) A bunch of (frankly too many) fairly big blocks stacked up in the scrappers' intakes, getting in the way of the output ports. (And everything else - the scrappers really chuck them about violently as they pick through a big stack.)

These are all contributing factors in producing what is essentially a variant of the silo dropped bug you're logged from here: https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/0-7-6-resources-dropping-off-the-silos.12254/

There, Refineries sending chunks directly up to the top of a silo's stack were sometimes flinging them off. And, as I say, both Refineries and Scrappers are prone to do this because they seem to make the chunks they output collision prone for one conveyor step.

@ZeroGravitas Just to clarify, are you saying that a simple set up like this one has worked in the past?
That setup, sure. And I'm saying that it 'works' now, as I've always seen, but badly.

Some chunks will get though, e.g. if you reattach the silo after the chunk at the scrapper's output has already gone "ZZzzaaap!" [lightening sparkle]. Or if you connect a delivery cannon direct to the other side. Indeed most chunks will be passed along to an upside down conveyor, on the Scapper's output, as it will pass them along to the next crafting block, making them holographic, before they can be peeled off from the tractor beam holding them in the crafting setup.

(Am making a damned video... Back later, maybe.)

P

Pink Kitty

Here's my save, and that scrapper setup.

1. Yes, it's in turbo mode.
  2. no, usually it happens when one scrapper is running. HE scrapper seems more prone to it.
  3. Regardless of the number of blocks in or not in the scrapper.
  4. Also seems worse with oddly shaped components.

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Video content:
(a) Setup @Adriano showed obviously works poorly, with most chunks dropped.
(b) ...Unless they are able to exit the silo before the resource tractor beams give up on them (via the Filter to the canon).
(c) GSO scrapper to upside down 4-pack silo works over 80% of the time.
(d) Guaranteed (clean) way to trigger silo dropping from scrappers - output direct to sideways node silo. 10th chunk can't get up into position, so drops (and the next, etc).
(e) If the chunks at the scrapper output get chance to sit for one crafting tick, they become holographic, then they can make the step fine.
(f) Conveyor to upside-down silo fine, obviously.

Same thing with refineries output, as with (e).

Fix for all these problems: disable making the chunks physical for the one crafting tick when exiting crafting components that re-constitute them. Probably best to do the same on mobile techs, why not?

Although, not sure why we're wasting time talk about this, now; it's only a crafting bug (not game crashing or related to new content), so no chance it'll be addressed until well after multi-player is out, and the coders have been allowed to start catching up on the backlog (of implementing features, let alone other bugs).:(