[0.7.8.2] Crafty Mike Disappeared {NPCs vanish}

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
CRAFTY MIKE IS MISSING

20171120133635_1.jpg

Decided to finish this quest since I was near it but can't as you can see. No dialogue either on approach or next to the delivery cannon. Couple in-game days since I accepted the quest so no clue if that matters. Gonna cancel and retry it.

For some reason I didn't exit TT when I thought I had (guess I alt tabbed) so the log might be a bit dated compared to the save file. I can redo the save/log if you need me to just let me know.

Side Note 1----Thank you for finally being able to get the gauges working and love the new HUD element for them. If possible could you have it also flash like the battery meters do as we might mistake the gauge as the actual current capacity and possibly lose stuff due to it.

Side Note 2----Why were the road blocks not added to EXP in this unstable? They are floating around now and look ready.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroGravitas

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
Looks like QA already caught this and threw it into the end of the patch notes:
Well I knew that some packs (ganglands, base guardians, etc) could lose a member as I have had a few missions that did that, but never had one of the story NPCs do that before. I also didn't really take in that info when I had read the notes I guess or never considered that Mike would go into hiding like that.

Thanks for pointing that out. Should I ask to delete this thread then, or leave it up to help them track it down?

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

1000Pizzas

Nov 23, 2017
I was doing Craftier business and I went out to get the materials I need for it and when I came back Crafty Mike was gone. I can't complete the mission with out him because you need to attach the rocker booster you made to him. Please help.:(

Version 0.7.8.2

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
Known bug with the NPCs (which include mike and them) sometimes disappearing. Made a post about this for the first crafty mission.

If you have a game save with it still, upload that and the output log after exiting the game to save that information that could relate to it.

For now though you need to cancel and re-acquire that mission from a trade station.

Also welcome to the forums.

1000Pizzas

Nov 23, 2017
Thank you so much! I will go try this right now. I was afraid to cancel the mission because I thought I meant it would be gone forever. :D

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
I've just merged @1000Pizzas's newer thread, titled "Crafty Mike Disappeared" with this older report, by @Masakari, formerly titled: "[0.7.8.2] New Game Save----Crafty Business 1 Bug".

See also this thread, for general talk about the bugs introduced with the changes made to anchors in 0.7.8.2, that may cause other NPCs, turrets and anything anchored to vanish.

Reactions: Masakari