[0.7.8.1] Scrappers drop and regurgitate stacked/scrapped blocks on reload

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
(1) When reloading from a save game (R&D, here), some of the items held in a scrapper's input are dropped for no reason. (I.e. Not possible to attribute it to big, unstable stacks.) Pacemaker set to whatever.

(2) When a tech's Pacemaker is set to pause, you can see that items already consumed by a scrapper are regurgitated (because they suddenly re-appear in the stack!). Very confusing (thought they'd dupe'd at first).

I think maybe this always happened, but Pacemakers show this up by preventing items (that should locked inside the scrappers internal buffer) from being immediately (and silently) re-consumed.

Once a scrapper has begun outputting a block's chunks, that will not regurgitate (no free lunch).

Watch carefully (1 GeoCorp regurgitation - resource blocks exhumed, 2 GSO scrapper set to Normal don't regurgitate but GeoCorp scrapper drop their stacks):

Demo'd saves attached.

This may sound like a mere curiosity, but is actually a fairly major headache for the type of Compressed Resource Block cartridge system type Fabrication bases I'm hoping to make mainstream. See my Community Core entry, incoming (which is visible in the save, in the background), that is going to drop some of it's array of resource block cartridges, almost certainly...:(

Attachments

Last edited:

Sammi

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Oct 9, 2017
Hi @ZeroGravitas , for the second part of the video, is the pacemaker set to pause on the GeoCorp scrapper? Just want to confirm. Thanks!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
s the pacemaker set to pause on the GeoCorp scrapper?
I'd forgotten by the time I wrote the post. I was fairly sure I've seen scrappers drop blocks on techs set to normal though. You could load the save the try a couple times to confirm.:) (Also the big crafting tech behind...)

Reactions: Sammi

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Oh, @Sammi, I remembered why I'm so sure: because I saw the scrappers in my Mediocre Ball Contraption (save attached) repeatedly drop most of their stacks of GSO Regen Bubbles.
actually a fairly major headache for the type of Compressed Resource Block cartridge system type Fabrication bases
In that it would likely mix up which blocks are entered into which scrapper, being as problematic as refuelling a Diesel car with unleaded. And these setups should become somewhat popular, once people know they are possible and can download them from the Workshop, with the next stable.

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
For some reason I'd marked this for retesting (thinking I'd seen it noted as patched - but there's no mention in recent notes that I can currently see)... @kae?

In 0.8.2 scrappers will still regurgitate their last block on reloading, and *sometimes* they'll all drop this block. Not sure if there's a pattern to this (seems inconsistently inconsistent).

Tabbing out while loading dispenses with the lighting fade in, so we can see the first moment after loading. Bonus - Scrapper's stacks flip too. And it turns out that the Silos flip *twice* (once when loading, again when un-pausing tech).