[0.7.7.5] What happened to EXP? {Feedback}

StyngerKyd

Oct 6, 2017
I don't really like the new look of the EXP icon. Before it looked like its own thing, with no connection to any other corporation. No other corporation used grey, or had a circular logo. But now, with the new yellow and black color scheme, it just looks like a subsidiary of Geocorp. I don't think it should be like that, since EXP is so wildy different than other corporations. It has no set goal, its parts come and go, and its parts' purposes are all over the place. (I know this is because of EXP things graduating to the other corps, but it's cooler to think this way) In short, please change the EXP logo back to its original state.

Reactions: Lord Zarnox

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
the new yellow and black color scheme, it just looks like a subsidiary of Geocorp.
Yeah, my initial reaction to the new colours was along those lines. But maybe this is part of a bigger picture, I don't know.

I added {Feedback} to the title (to show the QA team it's not a bug report, etc).

P

Pink Kitty

IT stands out, so i like it.

However, i think the EXP textures need to have the same colours. Either with little gold stickers on them, or painted that whole colour.

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia

However, i think the EXP textures need to have the same colours. Either with little gold stickers on them, or painted that whole colour.
Yes, every corporation's blocks use the colours in their logos, except for the current EXP, which now that I think about it, is oddly fitting.

StyngerKyd

Oct 6, 2017

That's actually a really good idea for matching the items with the new icon without making it look too much like Geocorp.

StyngerKyd

Oct 6, 2017
Yeah, my initial reaction to the new colours was along those lines. But maybe this is part of a bigger picture, I don't know.

I added {Feedback} to the title (to show the QA team it's not a bug report, etc).
Yeah, sorry. I didn't know that was what you were supposed to do, so I just left it. Thanks though.

Mr-Vagabond

Dec 21, 2015
Just the logo on it will be just all right I think, it would be great, if it goes entierly yellow, it will sometie be difficulte to tell apart GeoCorp and EXP, no ?

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
Just the logo on it will be just all right I think, it would be great, if it goes entierly yellow, it will sometie be difficulte to tell apart GeoCorp and EXP, no ?
Especially with the obviously GeoCorp parts that are in EXP, which seem to have GeoCorp models, and seem to be working fine. As far as I can tell, all that is missing for it to be in GeoCorp rather than EXP are the textures, and I'm sure it doesn't take this long to assign them...

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
What did I miss, now? And, yeah, I like the grey EXP. I thought I looked cool. GSO's colors are lame, Venture is too colorful, GeoCorp is too bland, and Hawkeye is just too black. If they're a military corp, why use black? Why not use, say, camo or something? And if they are us using black, why decorate it? Anyways, the EXP's dark grey and grey strips just look cool to me. And the style looks good. Sharp edges and blocky. Everything else is just too round. I loved the look of the Megaton Cannon in EXP. Now it's just ugly. I loved the look of the Oozee. Now it's too round. I loved the look of the EXP small wheels. Now they're too colorful in Venture. I loved the EXP Gyro. Now it's too colorful as well. I loved the EXP 5 block. Now it's just as ugly as the other GSO stuff. I wished there was an EXP variant to all the blocks for super cool looking techs. I've never really talked about this before, but I just don't like any of the corp's color scheme. It fits them, but that doesn't mean I to like them. I never realized how long this was till now...

StyngerKyd

Oct 6, 2017
What did I miss, now? And, yeah, I like the grey EXP. I thought I looked cool. GSO's colors are lame, Venture is too colorful, GeoCorp is too bland, and Hawkeye is just too black. If they're a military corp, why use black? Why not use, say, camo or something? And if they are us using black, why decorate it? Anyways, the EXP's dark grey and grey strips just look cool to me. And the style looks good. Sharp edges and blocky. Everything else is just too round. I loved the look of the Megaton Cannon in EXP. Now it's just ugly. I loved the look of the Oozee. Now it's too round. I loved the look of the EXP small wheels. Now they're too colorful in Venture. I loved the EXP Gyro. Now it's too colorful as well. I loved the EXP 5 block. Now it's just as ugly as the other GSO stuff. I wished there was an EXP variant to all the blocks for super cool looking techs. I've never really talked about this before, but I just don't like any of the corp's color scheme. It fits them, but that doesn't mean I to like them. I never realized how long this was till now...
I always got a "teenage angst" vibe from Hawkeye with the extensive use of black and red.

Reactions: Boomik

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Also, I'm not hating on the game. I'm just saying that the color schemes don't look good, but that's the point for some of the corps so great job on making them.

StyngerKyd

Oct 6, 2017
Also, I'm not hating on the game. I'm just saying that the color schemes don't look good, but that's the point for some of the corps so great job on making them.
Oh yeah, no doubt the weapons for every corp are really good. It's just the colors are... meh. The game's still great though.