[0.7.7.2 and 0.7.6.8] GSO Refinery {persistent} smoke bug

Website
duckduckgo.com
So I was making a small bricklaying base.

When I placed a refinery from my SCU, I noticed something odd.
The smoke animation kept on playing even though the refinery was not refining or doing anything.
screen6.png
Look at all that pollution!
I tried SCUing it into my inventory and placing it back again to fix the smoke. It didn't work.
screen7.png
Moving it by hand or attaching it to your tech won't do much, it will still produce smoke.
Game save and output log below.

EDIT: Bug fixed itself after reloading.

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm assuming this the same as, or similar to, this 0.7.6.0 bug report, by @Zed. And this one by @Legionite:
The GEOCorp Anchored furnace never seems to stop burning even when it stops charging the batteries and depletes the resource inside.
This seemingly is reproducible with all fuels in all burnable forms.
Still working away, on nothing...
Both similar to this one I found in 0.7.5.0 with the mobile furnace generator leaving behind a phantom smoke effect (although, that one was persistent, and I think, fixed...).

Not confident enough to merge the threads at this point though...

Last edited:
Website
duckduckgo.com
I'm assuming this the same of similar as this 0.7.6.0 bug report, by @Zed. And this one by @Legionite:

Both similar to this one I found in 0.7.5.0 with the mobile furnace generator leaving behind a phantom smoke effect (although, that one was persistent, and I think, fixed...).

Not confident enough to merge the threads at this point though...
This bug has the smoke effects follow the refinery around, not just staying in one spot, so it might not be the same bug (?)

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
There are issues in the game currently with smoke effects seeming to outstay their welcome. Happens in the early game as well, with the Radar and Battery missions. Will look into this one but sounds the same to me.

StyngerKyd

This bug occurred when I went on a scrapping spree for some extra cash. I scrapped a lot, about 30 or 40 of the Hawkeye Tread Wheels (I don't know if the item scrapped caused the bug but it's here just in case), and when all of the wheels were scrapped, the scrapper was still smoking and making particles. This persisted through multiple worlds, and even occurs when the scrapper is unanchored. (can someone delete this for me I just realized this was a repost thanks)

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Merged @StyngerKyd's new thread titled "[0.7.7.2] Bug: Hawkeye Scrapper produces particles (accidental repost)" with this existing one, as they are both about persistent smoke effect glitches, which I think are already well known. (I also added " {persistent}" to the title and a space after the "]";):p)