0.7.7.1 Techs don't anchor

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by nikitaign, Oct 4, 2017.

1. nikitaign

nikitaign Well-Known Member
    TT Translator

Hey, when i had a small tech and didnt have wireless chargers, i had to replace a battery from a tech to my base, so i can charge. But then i found out that you are able to anchor techs. But i placed some solar generators and on the bottom of my tech i placed an anchor block. Clicked the Anchor Tech button, but my tech just "jumps".Ok, placed the anchor a block lower. same thing. I have lots of troubles with this, and it's really annoying.
    Thanks

2. JuanPinoy

JuanPinoy Well-Known Member

Is the ground level? A lot of techs jump around because sometimes they clip down.

3. nikitaign

TT Translator

Even on the salt flats they dont work. im so pissed

4. JuanPinoy

Is your anchor at the lowest? Also can you supply an image?

Adriano likes this.
  5. nikitaign

TT Translator

Why do you need an image? it should be a full video. when i go to the salts - doesnt anchor. Uneven ground - doesnt anchor

6. JuanPinoy

So that I can try it myself of course

Adriano likes this.
  7. Sharra

Sharra Well-Known Member

In my experience 2 factors count in, when it comes to anchoring:
    Size of tech: The bigger, the more failure possibility.
    Number of possible anchors: On is fine (while "scaling" with tech size). But if i put on some solar panels for example, the anchoring-system seems to dont know what to do.
    Moving all other anchoring blocks to a higher level, leaving only one in place mostly works.

But given all that, sometimes the game just wont let me. Sometimes it even anchor just a while later, without warning, and sometimes in the worst case possible.

8. JuanPinoy

I was confused here and I wanted to see where you might have had issues so I wanted to see the Tech itself... although it probably is modified now.

9. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Images are always helpful, video even better, but generally more effort and harder for most players to sort out. Either will give important context, often showing things that have been taken for granted - expected to be uninvolved with the issue.

Anyway, yeah: anchoring can be a real fiddly nuisance, sometimes seemingly impossible. But check out the following (on a flat area where anchoring looks possible):

Grab you tech in build build, first, before clicking anchor. It just tends to work far better. It holds the tech level and at a good height off the ground, preventing the jerking up motion (that can drop resources, etc).

Make sure that, underneath your tech, there aren't any bases of mined out rocks or crystals. They can block anchoring when they shouldn't.

Wheels can dangle down quite a long way on their suspension travel (without weight compressing them). Make sure you're allowing for this, that the wheels should be fully off the ground when anchored.

Make sure, also that there are no extendable or moving parts, like solar panels, or turreted guns, that invisibly take up spaces that might be intersecting the ground, when trying to anchor.

Masakari likes this.
  10. Adriano

Adriano PAYLOAD STUDIOS

@nikitaign If you post a snapshot of the tech, we can try it out for ourselves in the studio and find out if it's down to the way the tech has been built, or whether it's a bug. It also allows other players the chance to try it out and offer advice on how to resolve the problem, assuming it's an issue with the design of the tech :)

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  11. nikitaign

TT Translator

If theres no anchor block, then put it in the back

Attached Files:

12. Adriano

Adriano PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Here you go @nikitaign , the anchor you were using was placed too high from the ground, meaning it would not be able to reach the floor and anchor. I replaced it with a GSO One Block and put the anchor underneath that and it now anchors fine. You could also try replacing it with a Geocorp Anchor, since they're larger they can anchor more easily. Remember, on rougher terrain you still might struggle to get it to anchor, given the length of your tech.

Attached Files:

13. nikitaign

TT Translator

Thanks! GeoCorp Anchors are better

Adriano likes this.
  14. PETER HIGBIE

PETER HIGBIE New Member

just watched this and what you need to do is push build then anchor and it works YA

15. PETER HIGBIE

PETER HIGBIE New Member

i have found hit build then the anchor button and most times it will anchor

16. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Hey there. This is good advice and all (and thanks for linking my video, heh), but it's not helpful on a 1 year old bug thread. Better not to dig them up unless you have something to add that's informative for the developement team, about the exact same bug. Cheers.;)

17. ExileFox

ExileFox Well-Known Member

18. PETER HIGBIE

PETER HIGBIE New Member

what you need to do is hit the b on the keyboard then push the anchor button on the screen here is and easy way if you have a mic