[0.7.7.1] Crash playing with (sideways) cab-less techs and Undo (bonus build beam craziness)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
I've noted the trick to making cab-less techs in 0.7.7.0 (via Undo), and the weird behaviours associated with that. But I've only had game crashes associated with that in 0.7.7.1 (canary, and now full unstable). The most recent one is shown below, at the end of the video (with log file attached, and also sent via internal crash reporter).

Also, the several problems with orientation being taken off tech's original build orientation, rather than the prime cab's. (Seems like the BB code's been tweaked too, as I don't think this weird behavior was happening before 0.7.7.1., with sideways techs.)

The exact point that this crash happens for me varies. Sometime as tech is being sent to inventory. This time upon clicking the cab, after 'poping it off' (by pulling the block it's attached to). Not sure if the tech being sideways oriented played any factor too. I had more complex cab-less techs cause crashes in Creative too, previously.

Reactions: Adriano

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Just gave this a quick test in 0.7.7, all the issues with build beam and odd cab orientations happened in that as well. The one with the Gyro is super weird. Either way, will log it, cheers :)

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
I've noted the trick to making cab-less techs in 0.7.7.0 (via Undo), and the weird behaviours associated with that. But I've only had game crashes associated with that in 0.7.7.1 (canary, and now full unstable). The most recent one is shown below, at the end of the video (with log file attached, and also sent via internal crash reporter).

Also, the several problems with orientation being taken off tech's original build orientation, rather than the prime cab's. (Seems like the BB code's been tweaked too, as I don't think this weird behavior was happening before 0.7.7.1., with sideways techs.)

The exact point that this crash happens for me varies. Sometime as tech is being sent to inventory. This time upon clicking the cab, after 'poping it off' (by pulling the block it's attached to). Not sure if the tech being sideways oriented played any factor too. I had more complex cab-less techs cause crashes in Creative too, previously.
Got this bug too. Did you devs get a crash report around half 7 last night?