[0.7.7.0] - Rocks and Other Objects Changing

GamerParrish

Trees, rocks, minerals, and enemies (But not my own techs) their graphics change. And it seems they get SMALLER, which is confusing when I'm going up to an enemy. Then it turns out its really big and by then I'm dead.

HOW TO RECREATE

1. Get into ANY world, all graphics on lowest settings, (no draw distance, no AA, ect)

2. Go near any tree, or rock

3. You will notice graphics change

20170916110548_1.jpg 20170916110551_1.jpg

NOTE: Its more visible ingame

Attachments

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey buddy, I'm not 100% sure what you're describing here, but I think you're seeing what can be described as "Level of detail (LOD) pop up". When you have your graphical settings set to their lowest, LOD only appears when you get very close to the object, to help the games performance. As a result you might see objects change slightly when you approach them as more detail is loaded into the object. This might be improved upon once we get to optimse the game fully, but with settings set to their lowest players will always see it to some extent.

Let me know please if you think I'm completely wrong and you're seeing something else. Difficult to see what you mean from the images but a video might be useful, if you can. Cheers :)

GamerParrish

Hey buddy, I'm not 100% sure what you're describing here, but I think you're seeing what can be described as "Level of detail (LOD) pop up". When you have your graphical settings set to their lowest, LOD only appears when you get very close to the object, to help the games performance. As a result you might see objects change slightly when you approach them as more detail is loaded into the object. This might be improved upon once we get to optimse the game fully, but with settings set to their lowest players will always see it to some extent.

Let me know please if you think I'm completely wrong and you're seeing something else. Difficult to see what you mean from the images but a video might be useful, if you can. Cheers :)
The most basic thing, is that the trees get BIGGER by 1/10. And it gets a little bit confusing. But it might just be what you said. So, I don't think its anything to worry about!

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
I have had the trees shrink by about 25% when I get closer, BUT as long as there is a tree in the location, and all trees drop the same quantity of resources it is only a graphical glitch to me, BUT if the resource drop changes to the size of the resource giver eg small trees drop less than medium trees which drop less than large trees, THEN it will be an issue to me