[0.7.6] Resources dropping off the Silos

DerNiepe

Jan 6, 2017
Germany
Some of you guys may know the problem.
you set up your base and start filling it with resources, but suddenly some chunks are laying on the ground.

What to do to reproduce:
As you can see on the picture, i placed a refinery with in and output directly to a silo.
The same issue will happen with scrappers too.
So, If i get raw material and the refinery goes to work, everything is fine and it will stop if the silo is full.
Next we do the same, but now we set the Pacemaker to Turbo speed.
if we feed this with raw material again, the refinery will drop the refined chunks to the ground if the silo is full.
screen81.jpg

As you can see on this picture i tested it with a scrapper too. right with and left without pacemaker on turbo

screen82.jpg

I hope @Adriano is giving a ticket to the coders ;)

P

Pink Kitty

I've often found that the refinery drops stuff, regardless of what it's attached to.

Esp on high speed.

Sharra

Apr 7, 2017
On high-speed the engine goes in some state of "do it, if it makes sense or not, just DO it"
In a real busy base you can see the ressources fly like after a explosion.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Thanks guys, about to log this now. I can repeat it with the GSO, Venture and Hawkeye scrappers, but strangely not with the Geocorp scrapper. Is that what you've found?

DerNiepe

Jan 6, 2017
Germany
Geocorp Scrapper Setup:
Scrapper, Pacemaker, Silo (No cab) Plumbite Block

Results:
GeoCorp + 4-Pack Silo placed to the front= ok
GeoCorp + 4-Pack Silo placed sideways = ok
GeoCorp + LOTSA-Silo placed to the front = lost one chunk as the silo wasnt filled up completely
GeoCorp + LOTSA-Silo placed sideways = ok
GeoCorp + Venture Silo = both ok

Silo Setup (GSO/Venture)

Picture

screen83.jpg

As you can see the setup, in the test all refineries dropping the chunks off if the silos are full.
I accidentaly placed Pacemaker to the open end of the output of one refinery and no chunks were dropped off. dont know if this is an block specific issue with what you "Block" the output

Reactions: Adriano

Eric Bellion

Aug 9, 2017
Hi everyone, Here's my base, and each time I come back to it from main menu, or ingame from another biome, chuncks are on the ground only in the "lower/southest" part of base... PNG joined to the post, if you want to see by yourself.

Attachments

P

Pink Kitty

Hi everyone, Here's my base, and each time I come back to it from main menu, or ingame from another biome, chuncks are on the ground only in the "lower/southest" part of base... PNG joined to the post, if you want to see by yourself.
Known bug.

Happens when your base crosses an invisible terrain chunk line.

Use the build beam to move your base over, and it should stop.

Reactions: Eric Bellion

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
This bug just came up here. And I couldn't find my demonstration videos of this happening in the transition from Scrappers to Silos, etc, which I apparently dumped into this thread, here:
(f) Conveyor to upside-down silo fine, obviously.

Same thing with refineries output, as with (e).
Fix for all these problems: disable making the chunks physical for the one crafting tick when exiting crafting components that re-constitute them. Probably best to do the same on mobile techs, why not?
I also feel that the issue of chunks failing to pass through an fixed-anchored tech, on the first tick after their instantiation, has probably become worst with 0.8.1. In that it's causing my mobile CFS Perhonen build to frequently fail due to this, when I think it was fine before. The changes from optimisations and/or Unity updates.

I've not retested straight transition to Silo dropping yet, though, @kae. As @DriodFreak is just talking about (it might be worst, don't know):
Trying to do a setup like that (node silos building up a buffer of components, that is) appears to be even worse in 0.8.1 since what's happening for me is that the component factory still produces components even though there's nowhere for the output to go - it simply drops the components on the ground, endlessly eating my resources and making a pile of components. Is that happening for everyone else or is it just my install that's bugged?

Last edited: