[0.7.6.7] Terrain generation bug (open gaps between biomes) {tears in the world}

xSoNz

Loves building
Aug 1, 2017
Serbia
@xSoNz, @JimmyBlether - are there any common factors with your experience of this bug? e.g.:
  • Just re-loaded the save.
  • Having loaded in very large techs before hand (maybe in a different game mode).
  • Substantial FPS drop (for no reason), before seeing the glitch.
  • Graphics set to "fastest".
Well i did not have a fps drop,
and I was at start so i didn't really have a large tech.
The rest are true.

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

YAKFLY

Oct 18, 2017
FRANCE METZ
Hello

- In campain mode.
- This dry lake was NORMAL when starting the game.
- Then I had one or two crashes always during high charge moments (combats with big techs and lots of resource chunks + autominers on the background)
- Then a quare area of desert appeared in the dry lake area :

- The tech just in front of it felt in the void between the two lands.
- I seached around to see if this terrain was not missing anywhere alese, without success.

- I restarted the game once, and it was still there.
- I restarted the game and now the land is correct again.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
I've just merged @YAKFLY's new thread, titled "[0.8.7.4] TERRAIN GENERATION BUG" with this existing report.

Thanks for the report.:) It's interesting that you say:
- I restarted the game once, and it was still there.
I've never seen these glitches retained on world re-load. Obviously that same save didn't re-load glitched a second time tough? So no use having a save file (in all likelihood).

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
@ZeroGravitas Not as of yet I'm afraid. It happens so rarely, and still seems quite random. Even having it happen in Unity itself doesn't seem to reveal much. It's annoying I know, and looks horrible, but given that it seems to fix itself on reloading either the save game or the tile, it's been tricky to get to the bottom of it.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
It happens so rarely
Again (and I've not actually been playing, other than to check the odd bugged save):

In 0.7.8.9. I was revisiting the bugged save from this report (where I was now able to switch techs with double click).

Graphics were on Fastest, again, but I switched them back to Fantastic just before catching sight of this (I think). Maybe it's a multi-threading issue, with things occurring out of sequence, when (one part of the) processing is able to happen faster than usual. (I have a pretty powerful AMD desktop.) Not that such vague speculation is going to help you devs much...

Sure, it's not as annoying as a crash, but it breaks the 'forth wall' even worst (suspension of disbelief and all that).

Attachments

Last edited:

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Sure, it's not as annoying as a crash, but it breaks the 'forth wall' even worst
Even more annoying in a way. A crash is at least recognisable to most players. Something like this is probably a lot stranger. Definitely even more annoying for me, since it seems some players can't resist driving into the massive hole in their world, then ask for saves to be fixed because they lost their blocks... ;)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Someone else's Steam screenshot (here):

Graphics options are minimal. The problem arose immediately after the start of the game. Start the game lasted a little longer than usual.
Operating System: Windows 7 Prof 64-bit Service Pack 1.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
So, Fastest graphics setting and game loading seem particularly associated with the glitch.

(I also have a GTX 1060, as it happens, but 6GB, AMD Ryzen, Win10.)

Ninjin_Ninja

Jun 16, 2017
So, I think I had this same world tile mis-load / mis-alignment (or terrain joining error?) happen to me in 0.7.7.2, when exiting to main menu brawl (interested @Django?):

Log file attached (I'd been working on my Mediocre Bubble Contraption in R&D for a good while before hand.)

Bonus: in video of terrain glictch, a HE tech gets randomly flung off the screen by a physics idiosyncrasy (upon tech slitting, I think):
Well glad im not the onlly one having dis prob,this save is one behind the newest though,so maybe thats why...lol still funny to see that enemy after fly into it and fall for eternity,until it randomly appears back on surface i sappose XD

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
I've merged @Yasha's new thread titled "[0.7.9] Land bug" with this existing one.

Hey there, thanks for the report.:) Are you actually playing the default version of the game (0.7.9) or the new 'Unstable' (0.7.9.1) released this weekend?

Either way, this is an old bug, and the terrain should fix itself when you unload and reload the world. Hopefully it won't have lost you any resources, and tech should be brought back up to the surface if they fall through the ground.

Also, I see a terribly spawned Loop the Loop race challenge there... If you cancel that mission and reacquire it from the Trade Station, it should go somewhere else, hopefully with better terrain.:)

Yasha

Mar 11, 2018
was play at Terra Tech then come back to Base and then take Mission and poof:
And yes i paly Minimum requirements try select smaller Screen but its not Optimased well :c
After install Terra tech unstable 0.7.9.1 and go game again hole gone. Also all ore re spawned again and my miners stop working.

-also its be nice if developers make Some AI base so its can make small units by blue Print and that base be control units and have specific number to control like 1 base can control only 1-2 units in area so they can make resources destroy enemy tech only in are area around that base so they not be go far away

Attachments

Last edited: