[0.7.6.4] Spacetime warping.

Discussion in 'Bugs (Stable Only)' started by Sir Metaladon, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Sir Metaladon

Sir Metaladon Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: This is NOT a joke. I've been playing Terratech for a long time, and a lot more recently, and I'm just as confused as you.

It happens semi-randomly, but I literally just warp about 1 or so kilometer in the direction my Tech is facing.
    Sometimes, you even become a different Tech from the past, including the Resources that tech was holding.
    If you go back to the point where you "warped" from, your original tech will (usually) be there, but sometimes it isn't. The orginal will also no longer show an icon on the map, so it's usually hard to find.

Possible conditions:

You need to be moving. This one I know for sure.
    Other than that, I really have no idea.

What happens when this does occur:
    Brief lag, the "Switching Techs" sound plays, and the camera rapidly moves forward to the location of the new "warped" tech.

It's happened about 5 times to me now, and I'm still finding scattered techs of mine around....

I'll try and provide a DL to a save that it's just occured in, if that helps...

Traveel likes this.
  2. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

Try to make video of it.

Sir Metaladon likes this.
  3. Sir Metaladon

Good idea. However, even with a GTX 750TI and 8 GB of ram, Terratech in significantly advanced worlds still only runs at a MAXIMUM of 15 FPS, and an average of 7.

I'm also a noob with recording. I'll see if I can get it to work, but no guarentees.

4. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

Try OBS studio for recording.
    If you play on 15 fps then you have big tech... I have same problem.

5. wotikins

wotikins Well-Known Member

6. Sir Metaladon

It's probably related, but not the same. Have only ever seen it happen to myself, not enemies.

7. DerNiepe

DerNiepe Well-Known Member

Can you try to upload the output_log.txt if that had happened? It could be interesting for @Django

8. Sir Metaladon

I'll try.

Also, got OBS working, so I'll probably passivley record a couple hours of footage and snip out when it does happen..

Also, where can I find the output_log and other things the devs might need?

9. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

the log is inside the data folder next to the game exe, the saves are inside the saves folder

10. Sir Metaladon

Thank you. Here's a output_log right after a warp!
    Sadly, was not recording, but still

Edit: CURSE YOU UPLOAD SIZE LIMIT
    Apparently 40 MB is too large....

11. Sir Metaladon

Here's the save!

Attached Files:

12. Black Wyvern

Black Wyvern Well-Known Member

Zip the output log if it's too big. 90% of it tends to be repeated data, so they zip ridiculously well.

Sir Metaladon likes this.
  13. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member Most Ingenious

As long as the original file (unzipped) is 130-150 mb in size (not exactly sure what max size can be but from my experience it's around this range), it will zip down to just under uploading limit. Anything larger and you will need to email to them.

When the venture stunt ramps first came out they were the cause of the log bloating and its bloat would exponentially grow based on how many ramps were active in the game world at, least in the campaign.

I don't recall them causing this in the R&D as I can't recall having to send in the log from a crash or error while working in there.

14. Sir Metaladon

Thanks! Here it is!

My world does have a real TON of Venture ramps about......
    As of writing this message, I just crashed R&D by placing a block on a phantom connection in thin air.

Attached Files:

15. Sir Metaladon

Output Log #2

Also, I noted that the Tech Duplication bug also occurs when "spacewarp" initiates.

Attached Files:

16. Black Wyvern

Black Wyvern Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I should mention this is the largest save file I've seen, aside from my glitched .760 save.

Other than the jankiest hover that needs a good 8 gyros on it, I was unable to reproduce the warping issue.

17. Sir Metaladon

Largest? I wonder why....

18. ThatOneGuy...

ThatOneGuy... New Member

I have the same problem...

For me it usefully happens when I am flying my plane...

I will be flying, all is normal, but then it spawns a copy of my plane in the distance, the plane also looks as it did 5 minutes ago. If i go to where i was before my first plane is still there.

When this happens the copy is an earlier version of itself, if that does not make sense let me explain:

During one example of the bug I was upgrading my plane, I swapped out the wings and moves the guns. I then took it out to fly, and about 5 minutes later, it made the clicking sound of swapping a tech, and a lot of lag starts, then i was back at base in my plane... but the interesting part is that it appeared as it did before the upgrade...

This leads me to believe that it has something to do with save/loading... I think it may have done an auto save, and then loaded in a copy of the tech you where using during the save...

I think a possible fix is to make a "save" button and a "quit" button, the two being separate... and also removing or changing the auto save.

I know it auto saves because if I close the window without saving, and then loading back in, the game will not be where it was when i started that day.

I hope this gets fixed and i hope you can make sense of what I am saying.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  19. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Not sure which tech duplication thread to post this idle speculative question to, honestly:

@Adriano / @Sammi - did you guys rules out something as simple as the Venture time trials as a cause? From here Steam...
    This been happening since before they were introduced? This will just be a coincidence, rather than a potential trigger or window into the problem? (Like, common code with gauntlet mode, that tracks the player tech in some way, I don't know. Save glitching sounds more likely...)

20. Ranos

Ranos New Member

I have this bug on video, more then once too. It may take me some time to dig it up tho. Warping to my land racer is the most recent one, after it was there a week ago.

ZeroGravitas likes this.