[0.7.5] Moon/Planet Glitch {Visible in front of distant scenery.}

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@ZeroGravitas I never got round to logging it because I couldn't repeat it, and the OP never got back to me about graphical settings. So... what graphical settings were you using? ;) If you know the seed you were using, that would be helpful too :)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
So... what graphical settings were you using?
It looks like I was still using default - everything on, and Fantastic @ 1920*1080. (Later I turned off the false DOF for convenience.)

Cropper2017-08-31-10-20-52-0700039.jpg
Seed = WMDrafPdXQi07Fk. And save file from the end of that day's play (I think) is attached. Though I'm dubious either of those will help; I think it's more the 'weather' conditions, with just a bit of mist, and just the right distance from background scenery.

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Ah, this might be more helpful, @Adriano - was just poking @The Ninjaneer's massive crafting base [in 0.7.6.4], and there happened to be a bugged looking planet rise in the background.

In the save, I've sent the base to inventory, so the game should now take less than 15 seconds to load.;) You don't have a whole lot of game time before it's above the horizon, but you can move that tech away and right, to use the hills, too.

The big circular shadow this one appears to make on the ground made me realise I've seen this glitch quite a lot, but not realised - when the planet is entirely invisible, during the day, even (I think).

Attachments

The Ninjaneer

Ah, this might be more helpful, @Adriano - was just poking @The Ninjaneer's massive crafting base [in 0.7.6.4], and there happened to be a bugged looking planet rise in the background.

In the save, I've sent the base to inventory, so the game should now take less than 15 seconds to load.;) You don't have a whole lot of game time before it's above the horizon, but you can move that tech away and right, to use the hills, too.

The big circular shadow this one appears to make on the ground made me realise I've seen this glitch quite a lot, but not realised - when the planet is entirely invisible, during the day, even (I think).

found out wat caused it the 6 refineries where constantly "outasking" eachother for resources crating hangtimes and crashes

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"Fixed seam on moon texture." in the 0.7.6.5 patch notes, isn't refering to this, is it @Adriano?; Still looks broken to me, in the above save.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
"Fixed seam on moon texture." in the 0.7.6.5 patch notes, isn't refering to this, is it @Adriano?; Still looks broken to me, in the above save.
No, this was regarding a similar issue in R&D I'm afraid.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
I don't know if this has been fixed or not, but I just thought of what may possibly be a simple solution.
Just capture the other celestial bodies using a completely separate camera (which can only see those objects, and those objects are only visible to that camera, or, failing that, located far below the surface of the planet), and have that camera draw before everything other than the skybox. If I am correct, that will mean that any terrain or other objects in the world will be drawn after/over the celestial bodies, therefore preventing any visual clipping.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Not certain you'd call this the same visual glitch, but it looks like a slight modification of this, and very well known, because you see it all the time when playing, in videos and even on the dev stream, occasionally:

Can be pretty glaring bad, for a visual glitch.o_O:cool:

I just edited in the approximate original TT version number into thread title: "[0.7.5]" plus "{Visible in front of distant scenery.}" Although we're on 0.7.7.2, as of writing this.

StyngerKyd

This is most noticeable on absolute minimum graphics settings in the intro to the game.