[0.7.4] Nuterra v0.4.2 - WorldEditor

Zed

I don't want to be hard on you but you do seem to a complete understanding of the issues involved in programing a 3D physics based game.
Good point regarding the revenant-esque sentence of mine being certainly deservant of a séance. Glad to see that I am in good company.

Levity aside I fully agree that it can only serve a more complete understanding by all parties of the intricacies of the 0s and 1s that have brought this community into being... perhaps the topic deserves its own thread seeing as @maritaria has indeed been sufficiently patient with this semi-segue from the topic(s) covered in this thread's original post.

That said, I am near certain that I am not the only member of the community which would be pleased to see either or both the developers or moderators endeavor to enact this potentially significant quality of life improvement for TerraTech Players.

Dellamorte

That said, I am near certain that I am not the only member of the community which would be pleased to see either or both the developers or moderators endeavor to enact this potentially significant quality of life improvement for TerraTech Players.
I am not sure what it is you think need implementing?

Also "This assessment is also further supported by the Terratech Requirements listed within steam which directly state that the executable has a dx9 dependency and not dx11 which would provide the ability of GPU-based skinning per Unity documentation." if you take a look at the output_log.txt file you will notice that the game does use DX11 if present on the system.

Last edited:

CringeM8

I thought there were physics engines that mostly uses the GPUs (nvidia PhysX etc.)

tomo_cjt

I thought there were physics engines that mostly uses the GPUs (nvidia PhysX etc.)
PhysX does and doesn't - it only does it on certain cards, so Unity restricts this to no cards to ensure it works the same on all cards.

After this, I'm not going to re-tread the Textures vs Rendering vs Entities ground again, else this will turn into a "you're wrong!" shouting match :)

The CPU is indeed used to pass stuff to to be rendered, but what causes the slow down isn't the textures etc of what's rendering but how much it has to render (when it's GPU bound) or how many Entities etc it has to update - Physics, Game code updates, etc (CPU Bound).

Depending on your setup either could occur.

Righty, this has been enough of a diversion on this thread.

Chrii_the_Vieh

That sounds like awesome additions to the game. I want to try them, but I am sceptical when it comes to mods.
That 1st person mode though... AWESOME! (I have seen it in a video on stream)
Please implement all of that in the main game, sooner or later.

If you are looking for more stuff to mod @maritaria :
- add a key to turn info-bubble-tags on/off (those, that state, that your wheels are overloaded...)
- the resource SCU would be an addition I like to test pretty much too. Even if I think that we have that already.
(I am using my SCU as a resource storage by mass-crafting several blocks, which can be scrapped for their resources later)
- add a block-info, that can be toggled on/off and tells you the mass of a block, it's value and the resources it is composed of

Please let me know what you think about those.
Keep up the awesome and may the zestiness be with you.

Rockfarmer

I'm in awe of the quality of people playing, and developing, TerraTech right now. You guys rock.

@maritaria - since you have now become everyone's favorite "I'll throw my ideas at you!" person, I figured I would join the crowd here:

Someone mentioned that ability to hover - it is not about the gyros, it is about being able to make thrusters have a sliding scale of output. In a perfect world of of pink fluffy clouds and unicorns, this is how I would love to have it work:

When activating the thrusters and mousewheel together, you can adjust the thrust output up or down, either through incremental steps (0.1, 0.2, ... , 1.00) or as a floating scale from 0 to 1. Or with keybinds..

Completely different idea: Freecam mode would be amazing - It would be great for building and for screenshots.

regards,
Rock

Rockfarmer

I cannot get it to run :(

I downloaded 0.2.4 (just tonight).
I copied over the .dll file to the correct folder
I changed the mod.settings file to include the keys I wanted (in the ~\TerraTech Beta\TerraTechWin64_Data\maritaria folder)
I started the game and only get the black screen with "mod by Maritaria and Sylver" . the mouse cursor with the TerraTech style is there, but the screen remains black. I have to alt-tab out and close it. I've tried both windowed and full screen.

I'm attaching the output.log here - it seems to be that it fails to spawn in the techs for the welcome screen?

I hope this helps! If you want bug reports somewhere else, let me know.

regards,
Rock

Attachments

Rockfarmer

I figured it out after som help from @maritaria . The install.txt calls for us to copy the maritaria folder to the Win64_data folder, but it needs to go in the "TerraTech Beta" folder.

Now it is working, and it is really sweet! I'm just using the magnet, day/night and first person view mod. I'll feature this in my next lets play video for sure.

A suggestion immediately, the day and night keys, is it possible to implement a "morning" and "nightfall" key as well (or maybe change the keys to rewind or fast forward 1 or 2 hours instead)? Also, when you are setting time, the lights on techs dont activate because they arent triggered, so if you switch to nighttime, the lights do not come on and vice versa.

Very very sweet mod, thanks! :)

maritaria

Website
nuterra.tech
We've spend a lot of time creating our own installer so we no longer have to release raw DLL's. The installer will inject Nuterra and hook up the game to make it work. This has allowed us to make releases much faster and we can now use Visual Studio to develop the code, since we are building a DLL that gets injected into the game :)

The modloader I've made cannot load mods from other dll's yet, that will come later. Right now all code is compiled into Nuterra.dll and is injected into the game once.

Zargn

Administrator
Found it... json file... how to assign rockets, cannons etc. to different keys?
day key not working... moved it to 8 and not working again.
Sadly you can only do it for some types of weapons:
Weapon keybindings
The main feature of the mod is to allow you to bind keys to predefined groups of weapons on your tech.
The groups are split up as follows:
  • Drills
  • Buzzsaws
  • Hammers
  • Scoops
  • Plasma lazers
Pressing the button bound to this group will activate all blocks on your current tech that belong to that group. You can assign the same button to multiple groups.