[0.7.4] Craftier Business III - Attempting to directly craft the booster eats resources

D3matt

Apr 28, 2017
I was on the mission Craftier Business III, right after Crafty Mike tells you to make the booster (after talking you through making the first component, and leaving you to figure out how to make a fuel injector and then make the ). I figured I'd try crafting the booster directly and let it autocraft the injector. As expected, the resources started pulling out of the silo, but the injector was never made. I didn't pay close enough attention to see where the carbius and oleite went, but they somehow disappeared between leaving the silo and entering the component factory. I am now unable to complete the mission without finding my own carbite (which I haven't been able to do in about a half hour of searching...).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Arrive at Craftier Business III
  2. Craft the fiber plating as prompted
  3. When prompted to craft a GSO Tetrox Booster, where the mission expects you to craft the fuel injector first, craft only the GSO Tetrox Booster, letting it automatically craft the fuel injector
  4. Watch in dismay as the resources disappear and you can't find a single carbite seam anywhere
Unsure if reproducible, I didn't have a save recent enough to be reasonable to go back and try again. If somebody has a save I'd be happy to try and reproduce it.

WickyWijn

May 1, 2017
Found a fix! Use a scrapper to get the resources you need. I scrapped a GSO gruntle guard AI module and 2 STUD lasers to get what I needed.

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
I have not even seen that mission yet, nor the autominer one in a few new games and am at grade 4, almost 5 atm in a new playthrough. Are the crafty business missions based on grade license level? Or based on how fast you complete them once you accept or see them in the mission board? Or is my game just broken as some of those missions are not working for me?

I get the delivery cannon/refinery, the 4 slot silo/fabricator for the single block, the furnace generator, and I think one more I can't recall atm. So far have not seen the auto miner, the component factory, the scrapper, and the dirt and hub wheels missions yet, but I have all those blocks right now.

D3matt

Apr 28, 2017
I have not even seen that mission yet, nor the autominer one in a few new games and am at grade 4, almost 5 atm in a new playthrough. Are the crafty business missions based on grade license level? Or based on how fast you complete them once you accept or see them in the mission board? Or is my game just broken as some of those missions are not working for me?

I get the delivery cannon/refinery, the 4 slot silo/fabricator for the single block, the furnace generator, and I think one more I can't recall atm. So far have not seen the auto miner, the component factory, the scrapper, and the dirt and hub wheels missions yet, but I have all those blocks right now.
There's no grade requirement as far as I can tell, I had the majority of them completed by the time I hit grade 4.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
@Masakari this is in fact a known issue. Crafty Business IV will only spawn into a desert biome. Try finding a Trading Station in a desert and see if it appears for you.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
@D3matt do you still happen to have the affected save game at all? I've tried to repeat this, every time I do the mission it completes correctly with no resources or components going missing.

D3matt

Apr 28, 2017
@D3matt do you still happen to have the affected save game at all? I've tried to repeat this, every time I do the mission it completes correctly with no resources or components going missing.
I don't, sorry. Would you be willing to post up a basic save right before starting that mission and I'll see if I can get it to happen how it did for me before?

D3matt

Apr 28, 2017
It seems Craftier Business III doesn't spawn with the 1 Carbus and 2 Olastic Jelly needed for the fuel injector. It's not that the resources disappeared, they were never there and I didn't notice. Is it intended that you need to harvest the resources for this one yourself?

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
It seems Craftier Business III doesn't spawn with the 1 Carbus and 2 Olastic Jelly needed for the fuel injector. It's not that the resources disappeared, they were never there and I didn't notice. Is it intended that you need to harvest the resources for this one yourself?
This is indeed intended. So hopefully there isn't a bug here bugbothappy

D3matt

Apr 28, 2017
This is indeed intended. So hopefully there isn't a bug here bugbothappy
In that case I feel like it should be better explained that that's what's expected, since all the previous missions gave you all the resources or explicitly told you to get them and spawned right next to them. Though I'm not entirely sure what value it adds to this mission to require you to trek all around trying to find resources in the first place.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Okay then @D3matt , I've passed that on to the design guys, they'll come up with a solution soon :)