[0.7.4.3] Block placement issues.

P

Pink Kitty

So, block orientation is a pain.

you have to cycle through every possible permutation of orientation and AP, with only forward and backwards.
And after many hours of Space Engineers and Planet Nomads, you notice the irritation.

But there is a specific issue: the orientation you eventually picked out, doesn't 'stick.'

Note: this only seems to happen on large constructions.

Pictoral example:
Here, we are going to build a side-mounted conveyor chain.

After choosing our orientation, we start placing blocks:

And straightaway notice that the second block has reset to default orientation.

However, if we move the block around with the mouse, the orientation eventually 'rememebers' which wayy around it was supposed to be:

And we can place it.

But the problem continues:

This makes the construction of large techs even more tedious than it is already, due to FPS and camera issues.

I totally agree with @Pink Kitty ! I wanted to make a thread about this but i was having a hard time how to explain this. Its like the placement orientation you want, is ALWAYS LAST on the queue!! (and you miss it and again the cycle and you mumble nice thinks... and again on the next block ...and goes on like that...) I know the workaround by moving the mouse but that works only for 3- 5 placements. Thank you very very much @Pink Kitty !

...It's super annoying!! It really takes like 6~8 secs to place a block! And i wanna build a whole new platform... I cant keepup expanding my big base... it makes it ultra time consuming-wasting... Plz put it in the fix list!