0.7.3.2 - 0.7.3.3 Unstable - R&D Greatness - Video Report & Gameplay

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well I was just watching the stream and they and they keep talking about AP's moving in order to make a working hydraulic piston. That is not the case.
At this point frustration is an understatement. :mad: (I really don't like that face! )

The base has the AP's and the loop that would be on the other end that moves would rely of block collisions to function. Keeping it from having to actually connect two techs together which we all know that the game can not do right now if ever.
Once more the Dev's seemed to skip one of the more descriptive posts because they just took a quick look and seen a bunch of text and got scared to read it all or something.

NOW THIS IS THE PART WERE I ASK ALL OF YOU TO KEEP THINGS COOL BECAUSE IF YOUR ARGUING GETS MY THREAD LOCKED LIKE THE OTHERS IT WILL NOT BE COOL AT ALL AND WOULD FRUSTRATE ME TO NO END.
Discussions are welcome, but not name calling, arguing or any other behavior that will interrupt the good time I hope us all to have.

Keep these things in mind all through the forum and we will be able to accomplish great things on both sides of the game.

Let get back to having a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
No no i didnt mean to add the Venture Ram thing but a piston that would replace the solar panel (if you look at the vid)
I think that video may have been skipped by a few people that I thought would have been interested in seeing an idea that may just change the way they think about this suggestion.
As this proposed block would not be able to take advantage of the in game physics I think it should be made for Geocorp so that when it picks up a massive tech it could still be somewhat believable.

They haven't said anything about a GEO piston or hydraulic as far as I know so it should be fair game to be modded.

Have a good one [8D)

tomo_cjt

Aug 14, 2014
Once more the Dev's seemed to skip one of the more descriptive posts because they just took a quick lookand seen a bunch of text and got scared to read it all or something.
Hey, traveling for the weekend, but we did discuss both types of 'pistons' and I / we have see your video.
Please don't claim that we got scared of your ideas etc.

I even mentioned a few of the issues with it and that we may eventually look into it, but that it is problematic.

Have a good weekend

Reactions: Dellamorte

Dellamorte

Feb 10, 2015
Cairns, Australia
I think that video may have been skipped by a few people that I thought would have been interested in seeing an idea that may just change the way they think about this suggestion.
As this proposed block would not be able to take advantage of the in game physics I think it should be made for Geocorp so that when it picks up a massive tech it could still be somewhat believable.

They haven't said anything about a GEO piston or hydraulic as far as I know so it should be fair game to be modded.

Have a good one [8D)
Basically even without attachment points it would cause trouble, with even more trouble. Tings like this is the problem with a lot of the stranger acting blocks, some may add a lot of points where the game can break. I am not negative about a lot of these ideas without reason, see this (same link) is one of the random issues caused by the hook blocks a supposedly simple set of blocks

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hey, traveling for the weekend, but we did discuss both types of 'pistons' and I / we have see your video.
Please don't claim that we got scared of your ideas etc.

I even mentioned a few of the issues with it and that we may eventually look into it, but that it is problematic.

Have a good weekend
I hope your travels go well.
In all fairness I said you may have been scared of reading through the walls of text not my idea itself and it was more of a possible option that was meant to get your attention. It did work ;). For me to do that you need to realize that frustration came into play. It was intended to be more on the humerous side but text does not always convey that correctly. Sorry if you felt like I was attacking you in any way, that was not my intention at all.
I understand that it will be potentially problematic, but with the right set up it would not be as bad as many think. The main problem that I could see popping up would be how the blocks interact with each other when they are fitted together to tight. I have run into that a lot with multi-techs and the way around two techs shaking themselves apart is to leave a little space and then things work great.
As long as the suggested hoop part of the piston would need enough free space to allow a bracket to pass through it without making the collisions of each block go crazy like a seizure victim.
If I knew how I would try it myself, but all I could do is animate the 3d model and whatever is possible with 3ds max. I am only a basic user still learning as I go.
Not knowing the terminology that is used by the pro's makes it hard to find good tutorials and info online.

Thanks fortaking the time to reply to my post, I just wish it had of been about the video suggestion itself.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Basically even without attachment points it would cause trouble, with even more trouble. Tings like this is the problem with a lot of the stranger acting blocks, some may add a lot of points where the game can break. I am not negative about a lot of these ideas without reason, see this (same link) is one of the random issues caused by the hook blocks a supposedly simple set of blocks
That was most likely caused by the blocks being put together too tightly. They need free space so the collisions don't go crazy.
I have been there and figured out how not to go back. So far it has worked out pretty good.
All the issues that have been mentioned are things that were taken into consideration before I even made the suggestion.
I spend my time pushing this game to it's limits and have learned a lot doing so.

Have a good one [8D)

Dellamorte

Feb 10, 2015
Cairns, Australia
That was most likely caused by the blocks being put together too tightly. They need free space so the collisions don't go crazy.
I have been there and figured out how not to go back. So far it has worked out pretty good.
All the issues that have been mentioned are things that were taken into consideration before I even made the suggestion.
I spend my time pushing this game to it's limits and have learned a lot doing so.

Have a good one [8D)
As they said in the stream on Friday, they don't want to add blocks that can only be used safely by experienced player because inexperienced players will use them and break their game.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
As they said in the stream on Friday, they don't want to add blocks that can only be used safely by experienced player because inexperienced players will use them and break their game.
How would it break their game?
Or do you mean that they wouldn't be able to figure it out?
Honestly I have seen restrictions added to the base blocks because it was supposedly too hard for new players to wrap the heads around all the optional ways that they could be attached. I didn't even fall into that group at the time and I felt insulted to some small extent by that.
They need to give people some credit, we are not dimwits. Players will try things and figure it out.
The players that are going to play TT for real and not just skip through it once and move on are smarter then the average bear and that needs to be realized.
If a block is added that could cause problems for new player all that is needed is a short tutorial. Just make sure they are added at the same time. Problem solved.

I also figured that the piston block would go into the R&D first so everyone would automatically know that they have some thinking to do and some building challenges to potentially overcome.
I always thought the idea behind this game was to have a game that everyone could play and always be able to challenge themselves to build better. Restricting things takes that away little by little.

My kids play TT and at most I have to describe something 2 or three times, but I only usually need to show them once and then they are off building with it. Take the components crafting of example a short tutorial and they were crafting blocks with it. That has to be more complicated then using a piston block. They are 7 and 10 btw.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
How's it goin' today everyone?
After last weeks Saturday ShowCase with @Chrii_the_Vieh supposed useless machines (they're really not) I got to thinking and this is what happens when I do that.

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Germland Institute in Scotmany
How's it goin' today everyone?
After last weeks Saturday ShowCase with @Chrii_the_Vieh supposed useless machines (they're really not) I got to thinking and this is what happens when I do that.

Have a good one [8D)
Nice video there mate! Keep the "useless" coming! Might build one of those today too, just saying.
May the zestiness stay with you!

EDIT: btw. I did the same for my name too, as I wanted to use it as a new avatar.
NameTechV9.png
I was not satisfied enough with the result to change my avatar though. But it turned out decent imho.

I am very happy that I could inspire you to do a tech.

About the twistblock, you can use turned conveyors, that works. Have a look here:
TTscreenSaverV2.png

Last edited:

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
About the twistblock, you can use turned conveyors, that works. Have a look here:
Thanks!
I know it works, it just looks like crap having the conveyor blocks like that. It's just a visual preference really.
I am at a point in this build now that it might not be useless anymore, but it does look better then the first video in my opinion.
I like the name tech! It looks like a party going on with all the colored resources. They say great minds think alike. I just wish I knew who "they" are, they seem to know a lot. :p

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello Everybody, How are ya?
It was a busy night last night with all the waiting around for resources to funnel into position that I had to do while testing this useless creation of mine. Another use was discovered today as well, it sure keeps me busy ;).
I did get some pretty decent results, but not quite what I was looking for.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello fellow techologists, what's up?
My useless machine has now become ultra useless with the rebuild that I have started which was all brought about by my X eyes not being made right. I needed a second normal conveyor beside the first one so that the resources can get into and out of the X conveyor setup. One space doesn't sound like much, but with this build it is a bigger job than maybe expected.
It will be worth it when it is done and coupled with the idea's I thinking up along the way.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello all, how are things going today?
I got back in the R&D to build some more and I just happened to build some more of those small techs that were suggested the other day. I think I got the micro killer bug or something ;). Either way it was fun so I'm not complaining.
They are small, they are fast, they are the Micro Killers!!!

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello again! How is everyone today?
I bring another installment of my useless machine as it is starting to take shape once more. There has been a lot of figuring going on while I have been setting up the conveyors on the back. I just haven't got all the bugs worked out yet, but I am well on my way. I think this is going to look pretty cool when it is all done, but I have been wrong before ;).

Have a good one [8D)