0.7.3.2 - 0.7.3.3 Unstable - R&D Greatness - Video Report & Gameplay

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
When I heard about this update I knew I had to get my Hooded Nightmare done so I could put some time into this update and that is exactly what I did.
My first stop was the R&D due to some really cool stuff that is going on in there. I went for the blocks, but I stayed for the clouds. :D

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
With an update such as this one I figure I should start a new campaign to get the most out of it.
So far it has been awesome to be back out n about taking on techs. Especially now that they spawn with battery power it is going to be a lot better battling. No more two second fights.
I'm hoping to get the SCU pretty quick, but I can only wait and see.

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: Trippeh

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I spent a little time studying my enemies so I can be sure to make the grades required to advance into the later game. Only then will I be confortable enough to really start building a base.
Until then I will enjoy sharing my bullets with others as often as possible. :)

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello Everyone I started up my computer today knowing that I should be well in sight of getting my hands on a SCU so that is the goal for today.
What ever happens along the way should be interesting, but will not stop me! I hope.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello Everyone, I was out n about today when I got a chance to catch a bug right on camera, kind of. It's not a major one, but it could be a problem later. We'll see when we get there.
It seems that Crafty Mike is becoming even more crafty. He now sends out fake markers leading you in circles before finally giving out his true location. I was worried for a bit.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello Everybody! How's it goin'?
I continued on toward my goal of maxing out all the licenses and there where some pretty intense battles along the way, but the most destructive blow was delivered by myself toward myself. I pulled the wrong dang block with a SCU close by which resulted in the undo button not working so I ended up with half a tech and a surprise rebuild.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello Everyone! What's up today?
For me it was another great day of destruction. Too bad I was part of the destructed from time to time.
I am getting closer to my goal of maxing out, but I still have a bit to do.
This is how this leg of the journey turned out.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello everyone! How have you been?
Another bit of my adventure that takes my little tech to it's limits and then some. You will know what I mean when you see it.
There is so much yellow in this episode I thought I had lemon goggles on or something. :)
The Geocorp are some pretty tough competitors now that they have battery power. It doesn't hurt that they seem to travel in packs of three and are huge compared to my tech.
This needs to change just a bit. Maybe only two Geocorp techs should spawn in for an encounter or it they were a little more comparable to the players tech would work too.

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: Zed

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
How's it goin' everyone?
I set out once again and this time I have some good news. I was able to max out the Hawkeye license. I wish I could say it was a flawless run, but honestly that would have been less exciting than what actually did go down.
A little struggling on my part, but my little tech pulled through eventually.

Till next time, Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hey Everyone, how's it goin' ?
This episode is a bit of the same with a different outcome. Another license at max and only good things going on.

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: MidBlade and Zed

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello all, how the heck are ya?
I got up to some more adventuring and as I went from place to place taking out the bad guys I came to realize that it is about time to head back to the R&D to try a few things, so this is most likely the last campaign video for this series.
I have now turned that save into a creative save which I then came to find out will be outdated in a few days ;). Oh well.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Reaper, do you still do the Showcase Auditions? Because if you do I have lots of techs for u!
Sure do as long as they meet the requirements of being cool and original and posted in the Auditions thread.
Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I just noticed that I skipped episode 9 somehow. That one had some really good battles in it. I gotta fix that.
[8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hey all, how's it goin'?
In the last week there has been a bit of a heated discussion over a suggested block. I was one of the ones that was suggesting this said block and I believe it to be so awesome that I am willing to do my best to convince the Dev's to add this sooner than later.
I don't think my description was the best because it seemed like some did not fully understand what I was trying to explain so I made this video in hopes to better show what I was trying to say.
I was also curious about the new component crafting and how our younger players would handle the changes so I challenged my kids to try it out. With a bit of help they were able to make bases that could complete any crafting recipe with minimal troubles. When the component crafting is fully automated they would work even better then what is seen here.
If you find the suggested block to be a good addition and think it should be easily doable let me know by adding a like under this post and if you like a comment as to why or why not if that is the case.
The demonstration of my proposed idea is right at the start of the video and is about 10 minutes long after it is all said and done.

Have a good one [8D)

Exund

Fancy Modder
Hey all, how's it goin'?
In the last week there has been a bit of a heated discussion over a suggested block. I was one of the ones that was suggesting this said block and I believe it to be so awesome that I am willing to do my best to convince the Dev's to add this sooner than later.
I don't think my description was the best because it seemed like some did not fully understand what I was trying to explain so I made this video in hopes to better show what I was trying to say.
I was also curious about the new component crafting and how our younger players would handle the changes so I challenged my kids to try it out. With a bit of help they were able to make bases that could complete any crafting recipe with minimal troubles. When the component crafting is fully automated they would work even better then what is seen here.
If you find the suggested block to be a good addition and think it should be easily doable let me know by adding a like under this post and if you like a comment as to why or why not if that is the case.
The demonstration of my proposed idea is right at the start of the video and is about 10 minutes long after it is all said and done.

Have a good one [8D)
I saw that Pylon discussion and ik that devs have other things to work on atm and thats why i will try to mod that in in the next weeks so stay tuned !

Reactions: reaperx1

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I saw that Pylon discussion and ik that devs have other things to work on atm and thats why i will try to mod that in in the next weeks so stay tuned !
That would be amazing! Please give me a mention or something to the post when it is ready. I would try that mod out for sure.
Very cool :)

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well as I said earlier I forgot an episode while trying to max out licences and editing the video's over 2 pc's.
There were some pretty good moments in this one so I didn't want to leave it out.

Have a good one [8D)

Dellamorte

Feb 10, 2015
Cairns, Australia
As far as I know it is part of the modding rules that you are not allowed to add blocks that they have worked on but not yet added to the game (if you are talking about the Venture one)? I guess you could ask if it was ok but if it was me I would say no because it could set a precedent.

If you make your own then this might be a little outside of the rule about game game play and such. To my mind it would be best to stay within the design decisions for the game i.e. blocks that stay in the bounds of the grid. Of course part of modding is breaking the game rules but first you must understand the rules before you can break them.

Exund

Fancy Modder
As far as I know it is part of the modding rules that you are not allowed to add blocks that they have worked on but not yet added to the game (if you are talking about the Venture one)? I guess you could ask if it was ok but if it was me I would say no because it could set a precedent.

If you make your own then this might be a little outside of the rule about game game play and such. To my mind it would be best to stay within the design decisions for the game i.e. blocks that stay in the bounds of the grid. Of course part of modding is breaking the game rules but first you must understand the rules before you can break them.
No no i didnt mean to add the Venture Ram thing but a piston that would replace the solar panel (if you look at the vid)