0.7.0.1 - 0.7.0.6 Unstable - Looking To Be Crafty - video report & Playthrough

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I like most have been waiting for this update. Now that it is here I just had to start over to make sure that I can get the best playthrough possible. So far the plan has worked quite well.
I have been making my way through some of the missions and new tutorials. The tutorials have really come along way in this update.
I did however experience some flickering hud sickness while I was out n about, but that was the worst of it so far.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
So I found a way past a pesky bug that wouldn't let me finish the second Crafty Mike mission and I thought it might be all good after that. As I played on I found myself closing in on the GSO grade 3 license and the SCU mission when things went bad.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
With the newest unstable coming out yesterday this is the last video of this series and it couldn't have happened at more perfect time. I figured out how to get past the Crafty Mike mission bug, or at least I thought I had, but when I ran into the same bug the second time I got very different results.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I got the new update and set to work trying to get back to were I had left off in the last update before the bugs took the fun out of it.
This is more of a condensed playthrough, just the good stuff.;)

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Since the bugs are so dang stubborn I figured that I would be too. So I fought my way through a ton of enemies and missions just so I could get far enough to get the SCU and along the way there was a bit of fun to be had. After that I had everything I needed to make a new creative save with all the new crafting blocks.
These are the events that lead up to the end of less creative time.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
With the bugs I encountered I figured the best thing to do was to try and make the best out of a poor situation. I decided that having all the new crafting blocks was a good reason for making a new creative save. Then since I had the save I figured I should try it out to make sure things were working alright. I started building and before I knew it I had a new base. This new system is really easy to use, but there are a few things that I think should change. The main one is that the large scrap magnets don't seem to pass blocks to each other any more which changed my whole plan for my base. That's one of those things that happens from time to time.

If you would like to try it out follow the link:
http://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/reapers-playground.3597/page-11#post-52471
Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: MidBlade

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
With all the bugs recently I have retreated to my creative save where everything is still possible so I could make some base techs.
I started with a smaller design to see if simple was better and then I went a bit bigger to see what kind of trade off there may be.
Each design had it pros and cons, but the lag produced by a large number of resource chunks is still the biggest problem.
The second base may still get some more done to it, just because I see some potential there. We'll have to see what happens.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I once again restarted fresh in hopes of a complete playthrough and this time I was not messing around. I tried to do as much as I could in the shortest amount of time and that turned out to be pretty effective. The only down side was that my main tech is a bit lacking for my liking, but it does seem to get the job done, most of the time that is ;) .

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I continued on through the bugs just to see how far I could take this save and it went a bit better then I expected.

It could have been better, but that is why new updates are so cool.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Another update and another restart. I am still hopeful of having a flawless playthrough on these crafty Mike missions. At least for now that is.
I tried to rush through this as much as possible in one episode while keeping all the good fun stuff in.
I think it turned out alright.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
In this video I am starting the push toward the Hawkeye missions and I am not stopping until I get them opened up. I think that was a pretty good goal for this video.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
In this episode I decided to do a bit of work at my home base. I didn't really have much of a crafting setup at all, but that was about to change. I decided to go with a smaller modular type setup and I think it turned out pretty good.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I was hoping that with this new update that there would have been a change to the missile range so I headed to the R&D to test some things out.

Have a good one [8D)