0.6.5 Stable - Base Building and Bugs

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I finally got back to working on my resource base that I started 2 update ago. I am pretty close to being able to run a good test. I just have a few more things in mind, but I think all my SCU's are causing me some problems.
I am hoping that I can finish this one in the campaign, but usually when I have a save going this long things start to act up. Worse things that could happen is that I take it to the R&D. After this is finished I am going to restart a fresh campaign or maybe spend some quality time in the R&D. I haven't really done that too much recently.

Suggestions, comment and questions are all welcome. Feel free to post below.

Have a good one

Charles Vanover

Aug 6, 2016
I have come to the conclusion that multiple SCUs are a very bad thing for game performance. I have a really powerful rig and they take a toll on the game regardless.

Reactions: TRYNNUN

TRYNNUN

Jul 24, 2016
Earth
I have come to the conclusion that multiple SCUs are a very bad thing for game performance. I have a really powerful rig and they take a toll on the game regardless.
^this.

And reaper, have you tried making seperate entity mini bases spread out and protected by turrets? Ya know, a territory rather then a base. But yeah, that base is BEEFY haha

Cheers

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
@TRYNNUN that's what I was starting. That is my main base with turret protection and then the next one was to be at the trading station and then somewhere in a salt flats and so on until I could build no more. Save never last that long.

Maybe my next playthrough I will only build smaller bases with AI helpers and turret defences. That would be a nice change of pace.

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I agree, I ended up getting rid of my extra SCU and I think my save might be screwed either way now.
The resources didn't help anything either with the lag they create all sitting there looking pretty and such.
Ah well to the R&D it is to finish this base.

Have a good one

Charles Vanover

Aug 6, 2016
Also your issue with the hammers not selling has happened to me as well. I am fairly sure that the game function similarly to minecraft in the fashion in that when a chunk despawns everything there stops.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Not really noticed a performance decrease from multiple SCUs, having lots of resources or blocks in heap/piles/etc certainly impacts performance for me though.
Removing the extra SCU's made a slight improvement in the performance of my game, but they were mainly causing other problems that forced me to remove them. The resources are the main cause of the lag for me.
I put this bare base in the R&D and everything ran awesomely fast.

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Also your issue with the hammers not selling has happened to me as well. I am fairly sure that the game function similarly to minecraft in the fashion in that when a chunk despawns everything there stops.
I really hope they can correct that soon. I hate waiting around for things to sell, expecially if there are no battles close by. I guess I could build minions to pass the time.

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I got some more of my base set up and ready for resources to pass down the what seems like miles of conveyors into my gumball style delivery system. For now there is no final processing planed. I am waiting for the new crafting system to try and finish this properly.

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well this clinches it. It is time to start over with a fresh game. I gave it the best chance I could. This base is going to have to wait until a future date to be tried again. I hate when things like this keep me from finishing a build.
Oh well, onto something new.

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well with the troubles I had in the last little bit I figured it was time to start from scratch. So a new journey begins.
This time I have a new goal in mind. Small bases and AI helpers are the main focus once I get the parts I need to make them that is. Hopefully the bugs won't be too bad, but I have ran into a few while playing around.

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
With this episode I set out to get the SCU. I just can't stand leaving all those good blocks around to despawn into oblivion. With a little explorative battling I was on the right track. Encounters and harvesting mixed together just right seem to be a nice way to keep the game moving along.

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I now have the SCU and I plan on using it extensively. I need to build a bit of inventory before I can really get to some more building other then my current tech.

Have a good one