0.6.5.2 Unstable - Hawkeye: Extreme Team - video report

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well I would have to say that this is the best update that I have seen ever. The new guns alone give it that distinction, but then there are all the other Hawkeye blocks and the new crafting blocks as well. My mind is racing with all the ideas for techs that I want to build.
For now I just headed to the R&D to do some testing and this is how it turned out.

This is going to be one awesome playthrough.:cool::cool:

Have a good one

Reactions: grg3d

grg3d

Aug 18, 2015
Planet Earth
Hi Reaperx1, since the update my computer can't handle the game anymore (I'm getting a new one soon) so I'm forced to only drool over the new blocks! I would like to see you do a play through on the new fabrication system as I only have seen huge base setups, I'd like to see smaller ones (bases) that will actually work.

the only question I have is can you fab any block from the get go or do you need the license upgrade before you can make any block(more advanced one's)

well the second question is do they (new Refiners) work on techs and if they don't will we still be able to use the old ones (refiners) like how we have 2 delivery cannons 1 static and one for mobile uses?

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
@grg3d that sucks that you can't get in on the goods of this update, but I will try to get some video's together that will hopefully answer your questions and mine as well. Here's hoping you can get in on it sooner then later.
First off they are worth drooling over, I am still drooling and it's the third day.:p

The thing with the bases is that if you want a fully automated setup you need a spot for all the resources as raw ore and maybe even refined ingots. I have been trying to figure out if I can just have all raw ore in storage and then when something is needed to be refined and only then would the new refinery kick in and do it's part.
As for the new refinery being mobile, I never even thought to try that, but I will definetely check that out. If they are to be anchored in order to work, I would think there would be a mobile version. It would probably be slowed down or balanced somehow.
We all know I have problems with small for some reason, but that is the next thing on my todo list. To see how small I can make a working base. I just had an urge for some battling so I headed for a bit of Out N About fun in the campaign.
Fabricating seems to be open to you from the start as long as you have the base blocks to do it. I crafted generators and wireless chargers before I could buy them due to the higher grade, so it should be good.

Hope it helps

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
It seemed like a good time to take a break from R&D and get back to some good old fashioned battling, so I headed for the campaign and found the battles that I was looking for. What I am really looking for is grade 4 GSO so that I can open up those new Hawleye missions.
So far everything is going pretty good with lots of enemies spawning around to keep me busy.

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: grg3d

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hello everybody I just got out of the R&D and made my way to the campaign to start on my adventure toward the Hawkeye license and I have high hopes for what I will find when I get there.
Seeing how the licence doesn't open up until GSO grade 4 I got some work to do, but it should be good.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well I had enough of the charging my batteries at an anchored station so I had to craft some generators and wireless chargers and now everything is going to get better.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Something was bugging me since the first time I tried out the new crafting system and I had to try and figure it out. The problem was that everything that has changed seems to make the building of a base bigger then before due to the way things need to be set up. So I wanted to see how small of a base I could make while still being able to craft any of the GSO blocks that I might need. Well after a few hours this is what I came up with. I can still see room for improving my designs, but that will have to wait until later.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well the plan today was to track down those elusive Hawkeye techs, but first I had to find out some important info.
Like the location of thier first mission, but the GSO were holding out until I earn it I guess. This is how it went down.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well I had an urge to play with some of those very new and very cool black blocks again and since the only real place to go is the R&D that is where I went and this is what happened.

This tech is supposed to be a helicopter, but I think it is 1 HellOfACopter.

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I got back to my campaign and it seems that I am now on the hunt for techs inder to complete a Hawkeye mission. I need 10 to start. I kind of feel like a gun for hire or a mercenary if you will. Don't get me wrong I love those mission especially the ones where I am after the invaders.
One thing that I would suggest is to have an increased rate of invaders spawning when you are hunting invaders for Hawkeye missions. It took like an hour to finish that 3 invader mission which seemed a bit drawn out just to get another one later for 5 invaders. Something like a new invader spawning 5 minutes after the defeat of the first one would be cool, but only after the previous invader is destroyed and only while doing those missions. Just a thought.
All things considered I think things are going fairly good for now that is.

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: harpo99999

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I thought I would give building another new tech a try to see if I like it enough to replace my current proven tech or not. This is how it all came together.

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: MidBlade