0.6.5.1 Unstable - Trying Something Different - Video Report

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
When I heard about the changes to the trading station and the SCU I had to restart my playthrough so I could enjoy these new changes. I have the same goal of making some smaller bases and some AI buddies to help me out while turrets protect the bases.
Now I just have to get the blocks unlocked and collected.
So far it seems like the trading stations are showing up close enough to each other that there is pretty much always one of them on the radar.
Sure makes selling stuff a lot nicer when you don't have to drive for an hour to find one.

Have a good one

grg3d

Aug 18, 2015
Planet Earth
Hi Reaperx1 nice start, if you don't want to leave blocks behind you could put down an anchor block and come back to it later as the blocks will not despond when near an anchor block...
Oh you seem to be real lucky with the rewards also as I never get real good blocks...like you

Reactions: reaperx1 and Jamie

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hi Reaperx1 nice start, if you don't want to leave blocks behind you could put down an anchor block and come back to it later as the blocks will not despond when near an anchor block...
Oh you seem to be real lucky with the rewards also as I never get real good blocks...like you
Hello, I thought of putting them all on my tech like I used to before the SCU, but it was going to take longer then I was willing to play with them.
The anchors are a good idea, but they still take time. Nicest part of the anchor idea is that you don't get slowed down with tons of blocks like putting them on your tech.
As for the rewards I completely agree I am one lucky sucker when it comes to them. Half the time I am getting wireless chargers shortly after I get the GSO batteries.
When you destroy everything as fast as possible without mercy you are bound to get some good stuff eventually.;)

Your luck will change, keep the techy faith alive.:)

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I got back to my adventure after finishing up my contest entry where I proceeded to try and secure the locations for my future bases. So far I got two locations, but not enough blocks and I am missing some blocks I need to really start construction. A bit more battling might be all I need.

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Since I am going to try and have smaller bases and AI buddies I figure I should make one of the AI techs for the first base. After completing this tech I now think it should be able to defend itself and haul quite a load of resources at the same time unless you go too fast and lose them all. From what I have done so far with it I think it will be a decent tech even if it does get stuck once in a while.
I'm still looking for that perfect build that never gets stuck no matter what.:)

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well with a new tech I kind of needed a new home for it. So that was next on the to do list.
I think it went pretty good for a small base.;)

Have a good one

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
WAIT A M
When I heard about the changes to the trading station and the SCU I had to restart my playthrough so I could enjoy these new changes. I have the same goal of making some smaller bases and some AI buddies to help me out while turrets protect the bases.
Now I just have to get the blocks unlocked and collected.
So far it seems like the trading stations are showing up close enough to each other that there is pretty much always one of them on the radar.
Sure makes selling stuff a lot nicer when you don't have to drive for an hour to find one.

Have a good one
WAIT A MOMENTO!!! THATS A MISSLE :O

Reactions: reaperx1

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I now have the second base location under construction and progressing well. This base might be a little bigger then the last, but that is only to leave some options open for later. The processing plant is still going to be fairly basic.
I'm trying to find ways that I can use all the blocks that I don't usually use. So far so good.

Have a good one

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
I now have the second base location under construction and progressing well. This base might be a little bigger then the last, but that is only to leave some options open for later. The processing plant is still going to be fairly basic.
I'm trying to find ways that I can use all the blocks that I don't usually use. So far so good.

Have a good one
you hack XD

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Hi Reaperx1, if the techs are "small" in this video series then I've been building micro techs....lol
Well the bases are kind of small if you only take into account the size of the proccessing plant in each and then there are some AI buddies in the form of the turrets. They are not quite small in the general sense, but they are on the small side compared to what I normally build.;)
I tried to stay with my original theme, but I think the plan may need some revisions at this point.:p

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I made it to the third location in my plan and started building. So far the plan is working out pretty good except that the bases are not as small as expected. It's a problem I got, I'm working on it.;)
I just get too many blocks and I want to use them all. Not that that's a bad thing is it?

Have a good one

Reactions: MidBlade

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I had to do a bit of restocking since my inventory was getting low, so there was only one thing to do and that is battle.
I set out and found some fun over and over again until I thought I was resupplied and then it was time to build.

Have a good one

Reactions: MidBlade

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well with the new update that added the Hawkeye Corp I think I may move onto that update just because all those new blocks look awesome and I have to play with them. I may try to carry this save over as long as it lets me use the new stuff. If not I'm starting over.

Have a good one