[0.5.19.2] Parts disappeared

Dirk Jenkins

When I loaded up 0.5.19.2 from my previous 0.5.19.1 save game, I immediately noticed that all my EXP batteries were gone. I don't have the R&D pack, but have managed to hoard about 30 of these from invaders. They were on my tech and on my base. They're gone from both. What's more, I had the batteries as connector points in the base between two girders. What appears to have happened is that all the batteries are gone, and any block that was connected to them that wasn't part of the core that was anchored to the ground is also gone. So, basically, 90% of the base just disappeared.

Oddly enough, I have the EXP medium generator still, so it's not a case of all EXP parts disappearing.

Dirk Jenkins

Further update to this. I saved a tech (via snapshot) that was a cab, an EXP medium battery, and 4 wheels. Never needed to buy it before since so many of the batteries were being found on invaders. The store allows me to purchase this tech (don't have the "undiscovered parts" message), but when the tech shows up, it's just the cab.

Have yet to be invaded by a tech with EXP batteries to see if they show up again.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
That's weird...you shouldn't have EXP blocks appearing in your game if you don't own R&D.

Have you seen any EXP blocks in your game in 0.5.19.2?

Dirk Jenkins

They appear on invaders (via Twitter) if they built their techs with them. I can pick up the pieces as long as they're not destroyed, but I can't craft or buy them, with the exception being the "snapshot" hack.

Dirk Jenkins

Oddly enough, since the 0.5.19.2 update, I haven't gotten any invaders with EXP parts on them. It almost feels as if the logic is now "if someone doesn't have R&D, don't send any invader with EXP parts".

At the moment, the selection of enemy techs is much more limited than before. Previously, with 0.5.19.1 and lower, the enemy invaders would rotate through 2-4 different models. Now, it's the same one each time, and never with R&D parts. I can change my tech to make it smaller so that the invaders change size, as well. But the largest invader I get now is just below what I got before, and doubling the size of my tech hasn't changed that.

Was any logic with the invasions changed?

Dirk Jenkins

Yes, linked to twitter, so definitely getting invaders from outside the game. If the logic was changed, then that would explain it.