TT_Unstable 0.7.3.7 now available on Steam

Discussion in 'TT Unstable' started by saiwun, Apr 20, 2017 at 6:50 PM.

1. saiwun

saiwun Admin Developer Producer Moderator

2. Pink Kitty

Pink Kitty Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary

Torque curve for GC tracks are skewed.

When you start, you get 50+ mph, which then drops to 23.
    You can actually go faster by stopping and starting.
    Pretty sure it's no supposed to work like that :p

3. Pink Kitty

Also, the toque curves for left and right tracks seem to be uneven.

If you take my demo vehicle for a spin, you'll see that it twists to the side when you get moving.
    Yep, even in a straight line.

Attached Files:

4. saiwun

saiwun Admin Developer Producer Moderator

5. zanzistar

zanzistar Admin Developer Designer Moderator

The EXP Tracks need more work. At the moment they divide the total torque between the three wheels. If any of those three is not in contact with the ground then that wheels portion of torque is not applied. That is not how real tracks work, IRL the wheels on a track drive the tread all the time regardless of ground position, and you can more or less guarantee that some part of the tread will make contact with the ground at any one point.

Because of this issue, as a temp measure, I have set the torque power of the treads to more than triple of what it should be. This helps stop larger Techs using the tracks from getting stuck when some of the wheels leave the ground. But it also means that the tracks are very overpowered for the start of their torque curve and as you say, go up to 50MPH for a short time, before returning down to the normal GC top speed of 20-30MPH.

The torque curves on the left and right versions are identical, I'll investigate with your Tech and see what's going on to make a difference. These EXP tracks will stay in EXP for a while until we get some solutions for these issues. These issues are present for the HE Tracks too, but they are less of an issue because the HE Tracks have fewer wheels.

6. Pink Kitty

Really?
    Because they both have 3 visible wheels on the ground.

Are you talking 'virtual' wheels, vs Animations of wheels, or what?
    I would have thought HE tracks were less of an issue, because they're smaller and weaker.

7. zanzistar

zanzistar Admin Developer Designer Moderator

Oops, yeah, well, either way, it's less of an issue with the HE ones. The issue is particularly more pronounced with the EXP ones.