Scrapping thousands of parts?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Golbs, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Golbs

Golbs New Member

So, on my travels doing quests and killing techs much larger than my own i've been grabbing everything with my SCU but now have hundreds of everything.
    I'd like to scrap and liquidate it all for money to buy more desirable parts but scrappers are slow and violent. If i give a scrapper a bunch of stuff to pick up, it starts to throw it all around outside of its range and I then have to babysit the thing and it's just going to take far too long to scrap everything...

I've been toying with the idea of a large hopper like structure that i can shove things in so the scrapper cant throw it out but things get really buggy in there so no bueno.

How do you guys deal with this?

TL;DR - How do you sell/scrap your unwanted blocks?

2. Zargn

Zargn Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary

I put a anchored cab with a large magnet on top close to the scrappers.

Zed likes this.
  3. Golbs

Golbs New Member

That's a great idea! i'll try that, thanks

Zargn likes this.
  4. Daylartoo

Daylartoo New Member

I used hawk tubes to make a cage and 2 scraps with there own refinery and 3 cannons.

5. Smallblock280

Smallblock280 Member

I just didn't overload it and instead counted the maximum of what it could hold and then had separate smaller scraping stations to put them in.but many it would be nice if they made a silo like block to hold a crap ton of blocks like the recourses and as well many a conveyer belt for the blocks to be fed into the scrapers.that would probably help a lot with the lag when instead of everything being thrown around it's nice and neat.