Linking Your Twitter Account With TerraTech

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by KattStrike, Sep 3, 2015.

1. KattStrike

KattStrike Well-Known Member Ex-Lemon King

As it is one of our frequently most asked questions (including; "Why am I not getting any new invaders?") we decided to make a little info-graphic to help everyone understand how to link your Twitter account to your TerraTech account!

So for everyone who's been asking, this is for you! :)

EDIT: If you are having problems with connecting Twitter, can you please report your problems in this thread (not here!): http://forum.terratechgame.com/inde...ter-connection-problems-here.2456/#post-21664

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  2. HuggyBear

HuggyBear Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Ex-Sumo Champ

A question I have is why does Terratech sometimes deep out and require authorization more than once a session? I've tweeted 4-5 techs in a row and its asked for authorization 2-3 times in a row.

3. Senorragequit

Senorragequit SRQ Moderator Vice President TT Translator Canary

In your default webbrowser, did you click the button "stay logged in" ?

4. HuggyBear

Yes. Its for people who don't know. It was a while ago this happened. Thanks though!

5. Moon920

Moon920 New Member

ohhhh, thanks for clarifying! I assumed my Twitter WAS linked because I checked the Twitter box on an earlier screen. I wasn't aware of the additional steps, thanks :)

6. CREEPERKING78

CREEPERKING78 New Member

when i click yes it just crashed my TT :( PLSSSSSS REPLY

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  7. CREEPERKING78

CREEPERKING78 New Member

How to Fix that cause i really want to connect my twitter into TT so i can play sumo challenge :(

8. Fousmon

Fousmon Well-Known Member

well...i linked my twitter with terratech, but i keep having cyclone....

9. Azirahael

Azirahael Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Wiki Mod

Yep. Twitter gives you a bigger pool to choose from, but it still zeroes in on the one unit for your vehicle.

change vehicles. swap blocks around. get new encounters.

10. IdontRuin

IdontRuin Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary Space Builder .

11. Jamie

Jamie Admin Developer Community Manager Moderator

12. IdontRuin

Lenovo G500
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.1GHz
    RAM: 8Gb DDR3
    VGA: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    VGA2: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M

Anything else I should note ?

13. Bawkbagawk

Bawkbagawk Well-Known Member

wait, are there integral game features I cannot use if I dont have a twitter account?

14. HuggyBear

@Bawkbagawk
    Yes and no. You can share techs you create and send them as invaders using Twitter. It also expands the community of techs and invaders you will encounter. It's nice, free, and easy, but isn't neccesary.

15. IdontRuin

Actually it only affects the invaders you can get, the population is not getting updated automatically on the fly, it only gets updated manually by the devs, and those updates only go out with the patches.

To be exact, if you have twitter enables you can get invaded by techs that where sent out as invaders by others on twitter in the last 2 weeks (afaik this is how long a fresh invader will stay "active"), for those who don't have it enabled the game uses the "default" invaders.

(do note that the "default" in invader population hasn't been touched since forever, so the variety is nonexistent and they don't use any of the new blocks)

HuggyBear likes this.
  16. HuggyBear

17. 7rust

7rust New Member Beta Deluxe

idk if its just me but i dont see an infographic on how to link accounts :|

18. KattStrike

KattStrike Well-Known Member Ex-Lemon King

Hey man, it might just be you,
    but basically what you need to do is take a snapshot in game (by clicking the little camera button). It will then ask if you want to post it to Twitter. Click "Yes" and follow the steps :)

We have been having a few crashes on that front, so if that happens, it is a bug and I do apologise!

7rust likes this.
  19. Robert Stolorz

Robert Stolorz Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe TT Translator

I don't get this at all. All I get when asked to integrate a twitter account is "Enter pin below".

Could it be because I'm on the linux client? Is there a way to find out this pin and manually do the twitter authorization?

20. dbarlow123

dbarlow123 New Member

keeps crashing ill try restarting my laptop