How do I unlock hawkeye?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by ClockworkHex, Jan 9, 2017.

1. ClockworkHex

ClockworkHex Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

I have a grade 4 GSO license which I thought was the only requirement, but the save is older than the Hawkeye update. Is there anything i'd need to do to unlock hawkeye on that save?

2. reaperx1

reaperx1 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary Dancing Tech .

I don't think you can if you are using a save from before the Hawkeye corp was added. You may have to restart a new playthrough to get the bird of prey mission that opens up the Hawkeye licence after you get to GSO grade 4.

@Jamie can you confirm this or correct me if I am wrong? Thanks.

Have a good one [8D)

3. Vaculity

Vaculity Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

@reaperx1: I used to use an old save file moments before the Hawkeye update, and I still get it even though I was already Level 4 GSO at that time.

@ClockworkHex: How long did you have that save file for since being a level 4 GSO? If its long way before Hawkeye patch update, then yeah, you need to restart a new game.

4. reaperx1

You mean a save that was made from the update prior to the the Hawkeye release or older than that?
    I guess there could have been everything set in place in the files, but just not activated until they were ready which allowed it to crossover so smoothly.

Just a guess

Have a good one [8D)

5. Vaculity

Vaculity Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

The older one, but not that ancient. I got no idea how it still worked.

reaperx1 likes this.
  6. reaperx1

As long as it worked that is the important thing.

That's a good sign of the work the Dev's have been doing in regards to making saves more reliable when switching updates.

Have a good one [8D)

7. Smallblock280

Smallblock280 Member

Just play the game.the mission usually comes to you,you just have to be paitent.i think the more missions and company's you have finished,the higher the chance the mission will spawn.remember Hawkeyes are mercy they are stealth and known to hide thereselfs though,I might be wrong but this is my theory

8. harpo99999

harpo99999 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

it is gso grade 4 and the flying tech that crashes and you go to it then get attacked by the black hawkeye tanks to get the hawkeye grade 1 license

9. Smallblock280

Smallblock280 Member

What?it should be a hawkeye

10. FightBiscuit

FightBiscuit Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Yep but you don't know HE yet and the Mission is to get to this point and what happens after that is "coincidence"