Do mobile refineries exist?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Arkwright, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Arkwright

Arkwright New Member

I recently came back to the game after a bit of a break. I seem to remember having the ability to refine resources on vehicles and not just while anchored, but now I can't seem to make it work. Standard refineries don't work unanchored, and I can't find a mobile refinery. Do they exist? I've found the mobile delivery cannons and the mobile generator, so I would find it odd if mobile refineries weren't a thing. Although I suppose the inability to sell refined resources on the go could be the penalty for the ability to sell on the go at all.

2. Zed

Zed Member

I believe they are currently non functional (if one finds them on spawned enemy techs) as they are scheduled for complete removal. While I personally have not heard any espousal of intent to restore them their functionality could return as part of a another corporation other at GSO at some point in the future.

3. Arkwright

Arkwright New Member

I just noticed this in the 0.7.1 patch notes:

"This is the first wave of the crafting rework that we have planned - things like mobile refining and selling, combining resources, Trading Station stocks, 'buffed' blocks and loads more are in the pipeline (conveyor-line...?), so stay tuned! "

So I guess it went out with the crafting redesign, but should eventually reappear.

Zed likes this.
  4. Jamie

Jamie Admin Developer . Moderator

Bingo! :D