Creative People's Topic

Discussion in 'Ramblings' started by streak1, Nov 30, 2015.

1. DaveDexterMusic

DaveDexterMusic Well-Known Member Beta Member

Darn, some talented folks are into TerraTech.

In addition to my acoustic-based music for the game, I compose in a bunch of other styles. The last 18 months or so I've dropped almost all other work to concentrate on classical and orchestral soundtrack composing (and acquired lots more folk instruments, because TerraTech is both love and life combined):

https://soundcloud.com/davedextermusic/sets/string-quartet-pieces-played-by-the-leos-quartet
    https://soundcloud.com/davedextermusic/sets/new-orchestral-soundtracks

Chrii_the_Vieh and Trippeh like this.
  2. Trippeh

Trippeh Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Wiki Mod TT Translator TT Streamer

I really enjoy your work.

3. Mindl3ss

Mindl3ss Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe .

So, while my war hammer 40K army still remains in Maine, and I am still rocking my paper tyranids, a friend of mine recently gifted me a box of tyranid bits leftover from several major model kits. I've always loved kit bashing, but today I took it all to the next level. First a tease. Tyranids do not have enough independent characters, so I built one. Just some forewarning, they aren't finished. I need to get some green stuff to do some fill work, then paint them up, but I've been assembling all day and just felt the need to show it off. I give you Obliterax, my unique tyranid prime.
    image.jpg
    Sorry about the quality, it's the best my iPad can do. He's armed with the reaper of Obliterax bio artifact, and twin linked deathspitters. (Normally can't be taken by a prime). But that's just the appetizer. Putting tyrant scything talons and a pair of deathspitters on a prime hardly qualifies as kit bashing. The big set of legs you see behind him is the main course...
    image.jpg
    I call it the tyranid Swarmsurge. It's a Tau KV-128 Stormsurge made entirely from tyranid bits. The gargantuan creature has its own rules separate from the Stormsurge it's based on. It still fills the same role though, massive, massive firepower. Though it lacks the D strength weapons of its Tau counterpart, it sports a host of the strongest weapons in the tyranid arsenal, the bio-plasmic cannon of an exocrine, the acid spray and Rupture cannon from a tyrannofex, four tentacled missiles and a Chest mounted array of six twin linked devourers with brain leech worms. It also sports the head of a hive crone, complete with its Drool Cannon. It boasts a slightly better stat line than the Stormsurge and is just a tad more expensive, but has options like regeneration, a 4+ invuln save, and the ability to replace one of its missiles on a 6+ each turn. It also has the Tau Stormsurge's deploy able anchors, giving the ability to fire all weapons twice, giving it +1 to ballistic skill (from symbiotic targeting special rule), and giving its tentacled missiles sky fire, all at the expense of movement. It's truly a beast to be reckoned with. Fully upgraded its just shy of 500 points, and falls nicely in between the standard heavy units like the tyrannofex, and the outrageous lords of war like the heirophant. Now of course it's not a legal unit in any sanctioned event, but I play a lot of casual war hammer, so, it's going to be good fun. If anyone's interested, I'll post the full write up of the Swarmsurge when I get it all hammered out so other 40 k players can add the tyranid siege Kaiju to their casual games and narrative campaigns.

- Mindl3ss
    ^.=.^

Chrii_the_Vieh and Gameslinx like this.
  4. NGreyswandir

NGreyswandir Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe .

Chrii_the_Vieh, Gameslinx and streak1 like this.
  5. NGreyswandir

My Photoshop hobby:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gameslinx and streak1 like this.
  6. NGreyswandir

Aluminium foil hobby:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Gameslinx

Gameslinx Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary Modder

I make planets as a mod for Kerbal Space Program!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Masakari and NGreyswandir like this.